A Plot Would Have Been Useful

A plot would have been useful. I’m 5000 words from my Nano goal and I don’t know how it’s going to end.

It’s time to redeem my villain. I wasn’t going to. I was going to let him make the choice that would prove he was the bad guy, but along the way he found he wanted to change, wanted to be whatever my heroine needed him to be.

They’ve had the big I’m-a-bad-guy-you’re-a-spy-this-would-never-work conversation, and they’re separated again. Even if he changes now, he has a past that at the very least should land him in prison. NOT conducive to honeymooning, ya know?

I was really inspired by the movie Lord of War, which…

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

After all the work the good guys do to bring in the bad guy, he walks because he works for the government, doing the kinds of things the government would never admit to doing.

END OF SPOILERS END OF SPOILERS END OF SPOILERS

But I wonder if that kind of dilute the conflict.

Any thoughts?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kind of like The Dirty Dozen? I love that movie.
Can he save the world from destruction or something like that so the government is indebted to him? Of course if she's a spy, they could go in together in a we save the world type agency, kind of like you've said. I don't think that really hurts the conflict as long as it's part of the resolution and something he can do now because of the changes he's gone through over the course of the book.
Good luck!!!

MJFredrick said...

Oh, Mary Beth!!!! I love that idea!!! Thanks!

Goodreads

M.J. Fredrick's books on Goodreads
Breaking DaylightBreaking Daylight
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.33)

Beneath the SurfaceBeneath the Surface
ratings: 11 (avg rating 4.00)

Hot ShotHot Shot (Samhain)
reviews: 2
ratings: 10 (avg rating 4.00)

Where There's SmokeWhere There's Smoke
ratings: 6 (avg rating 4.00)

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
Powered By Blogger

Good Reads

Widget_logo

Followers

About Me

My Photo
MJFredrick
I'm a mom, a wife, a teacher and a writer. I have five cats and a dog to keep me company. I love bookstores and libraries and Netflix - movies are my greatest weakness.
View my complete profile

Archive

Beneath the Surface

Breaking Daylight

Breaking Daylight Review

Where There's Smoke

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Where There's Smoke Review

Photobucket

Bull by the Horns

Photobucket

Hot Shot Reviews

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Hot Shot

Photobucket

Carina Press

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Join My Newsletter

    Where Visitors Live

    MJ Fredrick Fan Page's Fan Box