Midnight Sonata

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

After reading Betting Hearts by Dee Tenorio, I was anxious to read her new book, Midnight Sonata. Unfortunately, it came out during a busy month for me, but I was able to escape with it for a few minutes a day.

Midnight Sonata has characters you want to spend time with, characters you miss when you’re away, from hero Sky (yum!) and heroine Evie, to Evie’s son AJ, her mother in law Lily and Lily’s younger suitor, Mickey.

Evie is a young widow living with her eleven year old son and her mother in law in tract houses that are VERY close together. Which is why she wakes up one morning to see a perfect stranger (and I mean perfect – did I mention YUM?) showering right outside her window.

He’s in his own shower, of course, but his bathroom window lines up with her bedroom window, and she can see him from her bed. I loved when Evie thought that his modesty was protected only by her own windowsill.

He doesn’t see her, so she treats herself every morning – until he catches her.

After he confronts her, she now wakes to a fully clothed Sky sitting outside her window, eating an apple, and wanting to talk. I really loved the development of the relationship from this point, the gentle gaining of trust. Evie has scars – she was a concert pianist driven by her Type A parents to be the best before her young husband Andrew rescued her from the life she hated before getting killed. Her life has ground to a stop. Sky, a Type A executive, is taking a break because he has a heart condition that is threatening his life. He feels he has nothing to offer her, He also has a big secret, that when it was revealed, I cried.

Watching the two of them deal with their problems in a mature and logical way, watching them heal each other, was very satisfying, and the secondary characters were terrific, especially the secondary romance.

Midnight Sonata is from Samhain Publishing (and she has another one Midnight Temptationout soon, too!)

4 comments:

Kelly Boyce said...

I love it! That sounds sooo good!

April said...

I lvoed Betting Hearts! I've been out of the loop for the past couple of weeks and didn't know the next one is out! Thanks for the heads up!

MJFredrick said...

Glad to be of service ;)

Dee Tenorio said...

Awww thanks Mary! What a lousy time for me to be sick! LOL! This makes me feel much better!

Big hugs!
Dee

Goodreads

M.J. Fredrick's books on Goodreads
Breaking DaylightBreaking Daylight
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.33)

Beneath the SurfaceBeneath the Surface
ratings: 11 (avg rating 4.00)

Hot ShotHot Shot (Samhain)
reviews: 2
ratings: 10 (avg rating 4.00)

Where There's SmokeWhere There's Smoke
ratings: 6 (avg rating 4.00)

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
Powered By Blogger

Good Reads

Widget_logo

Followers

About Me

My Photo
MJFredrick
I'm a mom, a wife, a teacher and a writer. I have five cats and a dog to keep me company. I love bookstores and libraries and Netflix - movies are my greatest weakness.
View my complete profile

Archive

Beneath the Surface

Breaking Daylight

Breaking Daylight Review

Where There's Smoke

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Where There's Smoke Review

Photobucket

Bull by the Horns

Photobucket

Hot Shot Reviews

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Hot Shot

Photobucket

Carina Press

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Join My Newsletter

    Where Visitors Live

    MJ Fredrick Fan Page's Fan Box