Movies, Nano and Theme

Wow, how scrambled can you get?

I saw MI3 this weekend and actually really liked it. I know it was Tom Cruise, but it was good! I also saw An American Haunting and it mostly left me with questions. I googled to see what other people thought, and clearly they were more confused than I was! Anyone want to tell me what happened?

Blockbuster is The Devil. They have this new deal if you bring your movies into the store instead of mailing them, you can pick up free movies from the store, and still get the next movies from your queue! So double the movies (which is good, since I have over 300 movies in my queue, but most are series anyway...) I'm going to be a slug! I rented Over the Hedge and Underworld. What a combo, huh?

I managed my 2000 words yesterday even though I was exhausted to the point of sobbing when the dh came home. I went to bed at 9 and slept till the alarm.

BUT I learned my theme, and I know how it's going to end. My theme is choices. All three men in the story were soldiers in the Iraq war. One became disillusioned and bitter, ready to make the government pay. The other two chose to make sure future generations would not have to fight, so they work for the good guys. I know what the end will be, too, and I'm excited about it, though I'm not sure what's going to happen in between!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

9 comments:

Colleen Gleason said...

Wow Mary! Good for you on keeping up the pace and discovering your themes. The book sounds like it's shaping up great.

And I think rewarding yourself with a couple of movies is just fine. I saw Over The Hedge and wasn't impressed...can't wait to hear what you think.

MJFredrick said...

Thanks, Colleen. My ds gets so mad at me for continuing to watch animated movies - I use the defense I'm a teacher. Plan to watch it when I get home tonight.

Marianne Arkins said...

Mary, WOW! I just checked your NaNo word count and you're doing awesome. It sounds like you had a breakthrough, too, so it's all good.

Hey, nothing wrong with animated movies -- I love them. I went to see "Everyone's Hero" with the DD and enjoyed it tremendously.

So. There. :-)

Anonymous said...

YAY on the word count Mary. And on figuring out your theme.
I watched Underworld this weekend. Interesting movie.

Stephanie said...

Awesome progress... way to go!

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo on the 2000 words and your theme, Mary :)

Kelly Boyce said...

You can mail your movies back to Blockbuster??!!

Trish Milburn said...

I must say I like your picture of Jeffrey Dean Morgan today. :)

Congrats on the NaNo progress.

MJFredrick said...

Kelly, we have Blockbuster.com. We liked them better than Netflix because they also gave us two in-store coupons and we could rent movies or games with those. Now we can return our movies at the store and pick up free movies, as well as get the next movies in our queue!

Thanks for all the congrats, guys!

And yeah, I REALLY like this pic. JD was a bit leaner then. A little ratty for the character I have him in mind for, who rarely goes without a tie!

Goodreads

M.J. Fredrick's books on Goodreads
Breaking DaylightBreaking Daylight
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.33)

Beneath the SurfaceBeneath the Surface
ratings: 11 (avg rating 4.00)

Hot ShotHot Shot (Samhain)
reviews: 2
ratings: 10 (avg rating 4.00)

Where There's SmokeWhere There's Smoke
ratings: 6 (avg rating 4.00)

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
Powered By Blogger

Good Reads

Widget_logo

Followers

About Me

My Photo
MJFredrick
I'm a mom, a wife, a teacher and a writer. I have five cats and a dog to keep me company. I love bookstores and libraries and Netflix - movies are my greatest weakness.
View my complete profile

Archive

Beneath the Surface

Breaking Daylight

Breaking Daylight Review

Where There's Smoke

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Where There's Smoke Review

Photobucket

Bull by the Horns

Photobucket

Hot Shot Reviews

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Hot Shot

Photobucket

Carina Press

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Join My Newsletter

    Where Visitors Live

    MJ Fredrick Fan Page's Fan Box