Hockey (I KNOW!)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

We just got back from the hockey game, and y'all, it was so much fun. First of all, cost - NOTHING. Not parking (we got a pass), not tickets, not even food! The station had a box on the terrace level, and it was like a living room overlooking a hockey arena, with a bar overlooking the arena, and also two rows of stadium seats. If you didn't want to watch the game, you could sit in one of the four plush chairs and watch the Texas game on the TV. They had cans of soda, chips, veggies, quesadillas, chili, cheese (so you could make your own nachos), guacamole, sour cream, pico de gallo, and CHEESECAKE! So we pigged and watched the game, which started out looking really out of control, but the more we learned about it (our frame of reference was the Mighty Duck movies) the more we enjoyed it. There were two mini fights and one gloves-off fight. The refs just let them fight! Weird.

Oh, and for you local readers, I sat next to Rosenda Rios. She works at another station now, but her husband still works with mine.

I'm glad I remembered to take my jacket, though. Brr!

But we might go to the next home game - we're getting a deal, $15 a ticket, including a t-shirt, hot dog, soda and chips. Not as nice as tonight, but hopefully as fun.

3 comments:

Marianne Arkins said...

I love hockey... when I lived in Colorado, the company I worked for always had free tickets to the Avalanche (who were, at the time, the Stanley Cup Champions). I loved going! It's fast and furious and crazy and physical.

I don't understand folks who don't enjoy it.

But then, I think baseball is almost as bad as golf on the Scale of Boring.

:-)

Trish Milburn said...

Hockey is awesome. I knew nothing about it when we got an NHL team, but we had season tickets for a few years (until we acquired a mortgage), and it was so much fun. And the fights are some of the best parts. You should see me yelling, "Hit him!" :)

MJFredrick said...

Hockey just so isn't a natural for Texas - we're usually at 70 degrees for Christmas. It was a lot of fun, though.

Goodreads

M.J. Fredrick's books on Goodreads
Breaking DaylightBreaking Daylight
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.33)

Beneath the SurfaceBeneath the Surface
ratings: 11 (avg rating 4.00)

Hot ShotHot Shot (Samhain)
reviews: 2
ratings: 10 (avg rating 4.00)

Where There's SmokeWhere There's Smoke
ratings: 6 (avg rating 4.00)

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
Powered By Blogger

Good Reads

Widget_logo

Followers

About Me

My Photo
MJFredrick
I'm a mom, a wife, a teacher and a writer. I have five cats and a dog to keep me company. I love bookstores and libraries and Netflix - movies are my greatest weakness.
View my complete profile

Archive

Beneath the Surface

Breaking Daylight

Breaking Daylight Review

Where There's Smoke

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Where There's Smoke Review

Photobucket

Bull by the Horns

Photobucket

Hot Shot Reviews

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Hot Shot

Photobucket

Carina Press

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Join My Newsletter

    Where Visitors Live

    MJ Fredrick Fan Page's Fan Box