Mere HOURS from Vacation

I just turned off my alarm for the last time till January third. Peace…quiet…no papers to grade…

I am going to…

Go to breakfast with Mom
Write
Read
nap
Read
nap
Read
Nap
Go to lunch
Write
Watch TV
Go see Cindi
Nap
Go to Blockbuster
Do the family stuff
nap
Bake
Clean
Nap
Go to lunch
Clean
Bake
Read
Write
Go to Blockbuster
Watch movies
Nap
And maybe crochet.

And wear jeans/yoga pants and t-shirts/sweatshirts EVERY DAY!!!!!

The only bad is that now the boy is off restriction and we'll be fighting for the computer.

I've been singing this song all morning - we rewrote "Let it Snow" back when I was teaching second grade at my first school, and this is what we wrote.

Oh the students are really frightful
And my classroom is a sightful
(I can’t remember what was here)
Let us go, let us go let us go!

(Another verse I can’t remember)

When we finally sign out – LATE
How I’ll love getting into my car
When we’re finally out the gate,
I’ll drive to the nearest bar!

Oh the New Year’s just beginning
And this beer has me spinning.
I’ll call a sub I know!
Drink it slow, drink it slow, drink it slow!

And the kids’ version, all I can remember is the first two lines!

Oh the teacher is really frightful
And the playground looks delightful


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay, Mar! I am also free until January 3rd! Let's lunch!!!! Shop!!!! Go crazy!!!!

J

Trish Milburn said...

LOL! The rewritten lines are hysterical.

Kelly Boyce said...

HA! That's a good one!

KATZ said...

Hey Mary! Congrats on vacation! I'm taking a half-day Friday - and then I'm off for 10 whole days! I was on maternity leave the last time that happened! (And my girls are 5!)

Have a great Christmas!

MJFredrick said...

JoAnn, you've got mail!

Thanks, Trish and Kelly. I bet you can't believe Cindi helped with those ;)

Have a great vacation, Sarah - 5 years is WAYYYY too long!

Goodreads

M.J. Fredrick's books on Goodreads
Breaking DaylightBreaking Daylight
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.33)

Beneath the SurfaceBeneath the Surface
ratings: 11 (avg rating 4.00)

Hot ShotHot Shot (Samhain)
reviews: 2
ratings: 10 (avg rating 4.00)

Where There's SmokeWhere There's Smoke
ratings: 6 (avg rating 4.00)

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
Powered By Blogger

Good Reads

Widget_logo

Followers

About Me

My Photo
MJFredrick
I'm a mom, a wife, a teacher and a writer. I have five cats and a dog to keep me company. I love bookstores and libraries and Netflix - movies are my greatest weakness.
View my complete profile

Archive

Beneath the Surface

Breaking Daylight

Breaking Daylight Review

Where There's Smoke

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Where There's Smoke Review

Photobucket

Bull by the Horns

Photobucket

Hot Shot Reviews

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Hot Shot

Photobucket

Carina Press

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Join My Newsletter

    Where Visitors Live

    MJ Fredrick Fan Page's Fan Box