Negative Nellie (or, who I met at jury duty)

Jury duty wasn't terrible. They called one panel all day. They sent 200 people home at 11:30 (I was not one, alas) and the rest of us home at 2:30. I actually did Christmas shopping before I ran to pick up my son. I got FIVE presents yesterday (and myself a digital camera finally - hurray!)

While I was at jury duty, I finished reading Valley of Silence and writing my rough rough rough draft synopsis for the ghost hunters, and wrote a scene between my h/h. And I listened. (Okay, eavesdropped - but it was hard not to when they were two rows behind me and dropping the F-bomb a lot.)

A young man and young woman sat back there, early 20s, and as I listened to their conversation, I kept thinking of how negative this young woman was, and how it so wasn't impressing the young man, though she clearly wanted to. She complained about

the cafeteria coffee

Buffy/Angel/anyone who acted thereon (because the titles were gay)

daytime TV

NIOSA (because you get stuck with AIDS needles in the crowd)

scary movies/violence on TV (though she had seen Turistas)

jury duty (DUH)

hunting

any video game that's not Tetris

basketball (but she likes the money the Spurs bring to SA)

sewing

Halloween costumes

making finger food - a waste of time for a bite of food

the word bodacious

California

bring on time

artificial grape flavor

naps (NAPS!!)

The young man, who was really nice and seemed to like everything) finally told her she hadn't said one positive thing since they'd started their conversation. I wonder what her deal was that she just couldn't like ANYTHING. I kept thinking she would be terrible on a jury. Fortunately, she wasn't called!

The coolness - I came home from picking up my son from school and my dh was here. He'd brought me a present - a Supernatural poster he got at work! I framed the boys and am wondering where to hang.....

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

13 comments:

Kelly Boyce said...

Okay how in the world can anyone find anything negative about NAPS???!! Unless it is not being able to take enough of them.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jill Monroe said...

Ah man - I'm so envious of all you got done. I was the second panel called and then had to be questioned for many hours. Then I was picked. Teachers are always picked!

Trish Milburn said...

Okay, this chick doesn't like Buffy and Angel? Come on!

Unknown said...

GIR ! You have GIR!!!

Uh, yeah, okay, I've gotten over my GIR thing.

TACOS>...

(Maybe not)

Anyway, yeah, who was the gal who couldn't like BUFFY and ANGEL? Arrgh

MJFredrick said...

She was absolutely anti-nap. She was just weird. I think JoAnn hit it saying she was trying to be cool, but failing sadly. I had a friend in high school like that. Never married. Go figure.

Jill, I've been lucky not to be picked yet. This was my third time called.

Trish, I was absolutely thinking of you when she went on her Buffy/Angel rant. She'd never even seen the shows, merely judged them on the titles!

Candice, I am a Gir nut. I have a Gir doll and keychain and t-shirt and bumper sticker!

Amie Stuart said...

I agree with Kelly. Not liking naps is just inhuman! Send the Winchester brothers after hr =)

MJFredrick said...

LOL, Amie!

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

I wanna Supernatural poster!

Actually, I totally want that picture at the end of this post. *grabs*

I'll make my OWN poster! :)

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

I wanna Supernatural poster!

Actually, I totally want that picture at the end of this post. *grabs*

I'll make my OWN poster! :)

MJFredrick said...

LOL, Natalie! When I opened it, I got so excited, then I thought, man, Natalie would LOVE this!

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

AWww, Mary, that's so sweet!

Sorry about the double post. I kept getting an error message. :(

MJFredrick said...

Hey, I'm making my own Supernatural calendar. Can you believe they don't have one?

Goodreads

M.J. Fredrick's books on Goodreads
Breaking DaylightBreaking Daylight
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.33)

Beneath the SurfaceBeneath the Surface
ratings: 11 (avg rating 4.00)

Hot ShotHot Shot (Samhain)
reviews: 2
ratings: 10 (avg rating 4.00)

Where There's SmokeWhere There's Smoke
ratings: 6 (avg rating 4.00)

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
Powered By Blogger

Good Reads

Widget_logo

Followers

About Me

My Photo
MJFredrick
I'm a mom, a wife, a teacher and a writer. I have five cats and a dog to keep me company. I love bookstores and libraries and Netflix - movies are my greatest weakness.
View my complete profile

Archive

Beneath the Surface

Breaking Daylight

Breaking Daylight Review

Where There's Smoke

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Where There's Smoke Review

Photobucket

Bull by the Horns

Photobucket

Hot Shot Reviews

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Hot Shot

Photobucket

Carina Press

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Join My Newsletter

    Where Visitors Live

    MJ Fredrick Fan Page's Fan Box