Top Ten Books I Read in 2006

7:30 - that's more like it. And I'm only up now because the cats got in the room. I did everything on my list yesterday except the banana bread, which I'll do as soon as I come home from WalMart. Here's Baby Sophia - she was really relaxed. And note my shirt, which Sophia spit up on ;)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Stephen King has been doing his Top Ten Favorites of 2006 in EW the past couple of weeks, so I thought I'd do the same. I realize there are no Noodler books, but to be honest, I have them but haven't read them yet.

So....

10. Betting Hearts by Dee Tenorio (her first book and my first ebook)
9. Size 12 is Not Fat by Meg Cabot (first book for me, one I got at conference)
8. Bitten and Smitten by Michelle Rowen (her first book, and a toss up between this and Angel with Attitude)
7. Dressed to Keel by Candy Calvert (her first book)
6. Forbidden Territory by Paula Graves (her first book)
5. Get a Clue by Jill Shalvis (first book for me, sold by the first page)
4. The Givenchy Code by Julie Kenner (sold by the title)
3. To the Brink by Cindy Gerard
2. The Pregnancy Test by Erin McCarthy (first book for me)
1. Do Me, Do My Roots by Eileen Rendahl (first book, and I stalked her at National)

Let me tell you, this was a really hard list. Here's some books I loved that didn't make it.

Body Movers by Stephanie Bond (free at National, and kinda creepy but in a fun way)
Ex and the Single Girl by Lani Diane Rich (free at National, and fun BJD tone)
A Connecticut Fashionista in King Arthur's Court by Marianne Mancusi (her first book, too, I think)
Rogue Soldier by Dana Marton

I also read two unpublished books - Seven of Cups by JoAnna K. Moore (Out with Triskelion next month) and Trish's Coven. Awesome books!


What did you read that you loved this year?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tomorrow, top ten TV shows (which you can probably already guess and which was infinitely easier).

9 comments:

KATZ said...

I'm at work...and working hard, can't you tell??

I'm SO glad you found Jill Shalvis!! She has become one of my favorites this year - she's incredible. She has a really great blog, too - very funny.

Anonymous said...

(((Mar))) I'm so glad Seven of Cups was on your list, Mar! Thank you for everything you do for me.

My total favs of the last year? The Charmed Circle series by Dolores Stewart Riccio. I read all four back to back, and loved them.

Hugs and love,
J

Anonymous said...

Baby Sopie is beautiful! And I'm beyond thrilled that you included my weird and wacky "Dressed to Keel" in your Top Ten--omigod! Thank you!

I agree with you totally about Eileen Rendahl--she's wonderful, )and a friend in my Sacramento group) and is as warm an funny in person as she is in print.

You've got several CL titles on your list--ever read Rachel Gibson? Her "Sex, Lies and Online Dating" would make my 2006 list.

Merry Christmas!

Candy

MJFredrick said...

LOL, Sarah, but now you're free, right?

I read that first page of the Jill Shalvis book on her blog and was hooked!

I loved Izzy's story, JoAnna!

Candy, you know I loved that book! I was surprised by the chick lit titles I loved, too, since I love romance. I think I read Rachel Gibson when she was Sue Civil Brown. Isn't she the same?

Marianne Arkins said...

"Twilight" by Stephanie Meyer and "The Givichey Code" and "Manalo Matrix" were both awesome and "Forbidden Territory" by Paula Graves was one of the first Harlequin's I've truly enjoyed in a long time.

No other books stand out for me. Isn't that sad?

Incidentally, Mary, you asked about that music video on my blog. It's "Watching You" by Rodney Atkins. Wasn't it adorable?

Trish Milburn said...

Thanks for including Coven. And you know I love everything I've read of yours. :)

And I'm so going to steel these Top 10 topics for my blog this week.

MJFredrick said...

Okay, I HAVE to read Twilight now - I've heard so many things about it!

And yes, that video was adorable, but made me cry. I wish Cindi was more computer literate so I could send it to her.

Trish, you know that book rocked. And I totally hate you for writing it in 2 weeks ;)

Anonymous said...

LOVED the baby pic, adorable! And thanks for including me in your list, I'm honored.

MJFredrick said...

Jill!!!!! I loved that book!!! And I love your blog!!!! Thanks for stopping by!!!!

Goodreads

M.J. Fredrick's books on Goodreads
Breaking DaylightBreaking Daylight
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.33)

Beneath the SurfaceBeneath the Surface
ratings: 11 (avg rating 4.00)

Hot ShotHot Shot (Samhain)
reviews: 2
ratings: 10 (avg rating 4.00)

Where There's SmokeWhere There's Smoke
ratings: 6 (avg rating 4.00)

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
Powered By Blogger

Good Reads

Widget_logo

Followers

About Me

My Photo
MJFredrick
I'm a mom, a wife, a teacher and a writer. I have five cats and a dog to keep me company. I love bookstores and libraries and Netflix - movies are my greatest weakness.
View my complete profile

Archive

Beneath the Surface

Breaking Daylight

Breaking Daylight Review

Where There's Smoke

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Where There's Smoke Review

Photobucket

Bull by the Horns

Photobucket

Hot Shot Reviews

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Hot Shot

Photobucket

Carina Press

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Join My Newsletter

    Where Visitors Live

    MJ Fredrick Fan Page's Fan Box