Top Ten Commercials of 2006

4:30 again! I may use it to my advantage, though, and run to Target. The boy wants a leather jacket, and I got a $50 Target gift card and a $30 Visa gift card. He'll kill me if I wake him up to go with me, though....

I got home from brother's about 7, ready to relax, ended up on the phone with my cousin for TWO HOURS. TWO HOURS. I do not like the phone. I understand it is necessary, but two hours....she did want to talk writing, though, but I don't really TALK writing. I can write writing because I have time to think, but not talk.

I dreamed about House. The boy is into the show, so we see it about as much as we see Supernatural. But in my dream, one of my students was dying, and you could tell by taking some sample from the children, and drying it out kind of like incense, and scraping it. If it gave off a bitter scent, you knew the child was sick. We were trying to keep it a secret, but one of my sharper students found out. And of course, in my dream, House was in love with Cuddy, who had written a book. Anyway.

Today, top ten commercials of 2006.

10. The Nextel commercial where the guys are in the office dancing to Salt N Pepa, and the other guy comes in to ask what they're doing when they have all these shipments out. It may not be from 2006, though....

9. Special K - the mom is leaning into the fireplace in her red robe, her daughter comes down the stairs, just sees her butt and shouts, "SANTA!" The mom heads for the pantry and the Special K.

8. Citibank - "Veddy veddy veddy revarding" and "Go put on something faster!"

7. The Jetta commercials, where the people are having normal conversations and BOOM! Those crashes look so real!

6. Fed Ex - the caveman who didn't get the package shipped on time, gets in trouble, kicks a little dinosaur and gets stepped on by T-Rex

5. Sprint - the phone with theft deterrent - when the friend tries to take the phone, the owner beans him in the head with it. So I'm a little violent.

4. iPod Shuffle - the one where all they show is the torso and the person changing clothes - and gender - so seamless!

3. PC vs. Mac - I'm a Mac girl! Watched Accepted just because of those commercials. Liked the commercials way better.

2. Blackjack - the sleight of hand commercial

1. Target - the one at the zoo where all the animals - and people - are made out of things you can buy at Target. My favorite were the CD player monkeys. I also liked the songs on the Christmas Target ad, the new mix of "Here Comes Santa Claus."

Ones I hate - Burger King, Staples Christmas commercials with Englebert Humperdink, Big Lots with the elf and Fitness Made Simple with the scary Barry Manilow with muscles clone.

What commercials do you stop and watch?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the Vikings on the Capital One, What's in Your Wallet?, ads. But I don't know if they're this year or not.
I'm a Mac girl too, and those Mac vs. PC commercials are great!
Hope you had fun if you went to Target.

Tracy Montoya said...

I don't remember any commercials--everything I watch is on Tivo, and I just fast-forward! My favorite is an older one--the Ikea commercial where they showed this sad-sack desk lamp sitting in the rain after its owner put it out in the trash, and then the Ikea guy comes on and goes, "You feel zorry for ze lamp? It hass no feelings, und ze new vone ess bettah!"

Cracked me up every time.

Happy holidays! I love your lists!

Anonymous said...

Another Mac girl here. :)

I love the Capital One Vikings, too.

One of my favorites from this year that makes me giggle every time I see it is the one for the Toyota truck that gets eaten by the Loch Ness Monster, only the truck is "so tough" Nessie spits it back out on the shore. *g*

And the Dodge Nitro ad where the SUV is accidentally dropped while being offloaded from a ship and falls through the planet to China. All to a snappy little song that sounds like a Tom Jones song from the 60s. I Just ROFL every time I see it.

I know there are more, but I can't think of them offhand.

Trish Milburn said...

The PC vs. Mac (I'm a PC person, so sue me) and the Salt-n-Pepa commercials were funny.

Another one that cracks me up is the Nationwide Insurance commercial where Fabio is rowing the couple along in a gondola, when when they come out from under a bridge, Fabio is really old, and then they say "Life comes at you fast." And I like the MacGyver Visa commercials.

MJFredrick said...

I love the Vikings commercial!!!! And the "Life Comes At You Fast" one with the guy flipping the switch in his garage and it's banging the heck out of his neighbor's car!

Tracy, I couldn't remember commercials because of the Tivo! We don't have an Ikea in town, so I've never seen that commercial.

Tori, LOL about the truck commercials - or the one where the Nitro is giving another car a jump and blows it into the sky!

Marianne Arkins said...

I love the Southwest Airlines commercials "Need to get away?".

My favorite (DH fell of the couch laughing) is the one where the guy pulls into the bank drivethrough and dumps a bunch of change into that tube-thing.

The woman with him tells him he's not supposed to do that, he sneers, and dumps in a whole jar full and then sends it in.

It flies through the vacuum tube and comes out like a bullet on the other end, hits the wall and explodes -- coins fly everywhere, tellers run for cover...

OMG, too funny.

wipes tears from eyes

But that Fed Ex one with the cavemen cracked me up last Superbowl. We'll get some more good ones in a few weeks when Superbowl happens again.

MJFredrick said...

I haven't seen the bank teller one. Yep, like the Southwest commercials, too.

Tonight TBS is having The Funniest Commercials of 2006, and in the previews they showed one I forgot - I think it's Yahoo. A woman uses fertilizer she heard about from some infomercial or something on her yard and everything dies. Then she uses the one she heard about on Yahoo, and everything comes to life, including the dog they'd buried in the flowerbed!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah! That fertilizer commercial is hysterical!!!

"Scruffy?!" ROFL!!!

MJFredrick said...

AHHH! I forgot to watch the show. Oh, well. We watched Talladega Nights, which made me laugh way more than it should have ;)

But yeah, the first few times I missed Scruffy, but heard my dh laughing. When I saw it - man!

Goodreads

M.J. Fredrick's books on Goodreads
Breaking DaylightBreaking Daylight
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.33)

Beneath the SurfaceBeneath the Surface
ratings: 11 (avg rating 4.00)

Hot ShotHot Shot (Samhain)
reviews: 2
ratings: 10 (avg rating 4.00)

Where There's SmokeWhere There's Smoke
ratings: 6 (avg rating 4.00)

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
Powered By Blogger

Good Reads

Widget_logo

Followers

About Me

My Photo
MJFredrick
I'm a mom, a wife, a teacher and a writer. I have five cats and a dog to keep me company. I love bookstores and libraries and Netflix - movies are my greatest weakness.
View my complete profile

Archive

Beneath the Surface

Breaking Daylight

Breaking Daylight Review

Where There's Smoke

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Where There's Smoke Review

Photobucket

Bull by the Horns

Photobucket

Hot Shot Reviews

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Hot Shot

Photobucket

Carina Press

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Join My Newsletter

    Where Visitors Live

    MJ Fredrick Fan Page's Fan Box