Top Ten (And Bottom Ten) Movies I Saw in 2006

4:30 this time - that's just insulting. The dh had the heater set too high, the bedrooms get REALLY warm, and I can't sleep when it's hot. I may go back in a bit, though we do want to go to breakfast this morning.

Okay, I saw a LOT of movies this year, thanks to Blockbuster. Most fell in the mediocre range, so I had a hard time coming up with the top ten. The bottom ten was much easier, though I'm sure I'll have people disagree.

TOP TEN

10. Akeelah and the Bee - great underdog movie
9. Munich - great characterization
8. Elizabethtown - Cameron Crowe
7. Monster House - PERFECT Halloween movie
6. Eight Below - Antarctica, dogs and Paul Walker
5. Failure to Launch - I know Colleen HATED this movie, but I thought it was fun from beginning to end
4. Pirates 2 - It would be a lot higher except for the KISS. It's lucky to be on the list at all.
3. Mission Impossible 3 - yes, this surprised me, too
2. V for Vendetta - not as much as this one did
1. Cars - look, ma, an Owen Wilson movie I like!!!

BOTTOM TEN

Okay, ranking these is just hard.

10. Match Point - BOR-ing
9. How to Eat Fried Worms - gross and BOR-ing
8. The Lady in the Water - boring and with unattractive people
7. An American Haunting - would someone. please. explain this one to me?????
6. One More Kiss - only this high on the list because Gerry was in it - depressing, depressing, depressing
5. My Super Ex-Girlfriend - and it seemed so promising, but it BLEW
4. The Family Stone - words can't describe how I loathed this movie
3. The New World - dull and duller (but with attractive people and an extra hour)
2. The Crow: Wicked Prayer - the things I endure for David Boreanaz
1. Dead and Breakfast - the things I endure for Jeffrey Dean Morgan!

There are a ton of movies I haven't seen yet - Prada, Talladega Nights, History of Violence....hopefully they'll be more top list than bottom!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

4 comments:

Allie Boniface said...

Did you see The Lake House? I was happily surprised by it. If you can get past the sometimes-confusing time-travel issue, it's a good love story.

And yeah, Cars is near the top of my list too!

Trish Milburn said...

LOL on your top two for the worst. I know exactly what you mean about Crow: Wicked Prayer. Man, that movie sucked. And I really wanted to like The New World, but you're right -- boring.

MJFredrick said...

I was kind of meh about The Lake House. In fact, I almost forgot I saw it! And if you try to figure it out....forget it!

Trish, did you know the boy from The Crow was the boy from Terminator 2? I was wondering why they picked such a wimpy boy but I guess that's why???

Trish Milburn said...

Yeah, I saw where the boy from Crow was in T2.

Goodreads

M.J. Fredrick's books on Goodreads
Breaking DaylightBreaking Daylight
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.33)

Beneath the SurfaceBeneath the Surface
ratings: 11 (avg rating 4.00)

Hot ShotHot Shot (Samhain)
reviews: 2
ratings: 10 (avg rating 4.00)

Where There's SmokeWhere There's Smoke
ratings: 6 (avg rating 4.00)

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
Powered By Blogger

Good Reads

Widget_logo

Followers

About Me

My Photo
MJFredrick
I'm a mom, a wife, a teacher and a writer. I have five cats and a dog to keep me company. I love bookstores and libraries and Netflix - movies are my greatest weakness.
View my complete profile

Archive

Beneath the Surface

Breaking Daylight

Breaking Daylight Review

Where There's Smoke

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Where There's Smoke Review

Photobucket

Bull by the Horns

Photobucket

Hot Shot Reviews

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Hot Shot

Photobucket

Carina Press

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Join My Newsletter

    Where Visitors Live

    MJ Fredrick Fan Page's Fan Box