Birthday

funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures


I woke up to a bouquet of Gerber daisies from my dh and half a dozen Facebook birthday wishes :) I went to the grocery store on the way to get cupcakes and Capri Sun for my class and plants for the secretaries. I got to school and was bombarded with wishes. Cindi brought me prezzies from her and her kids, including hand drawn cards. The fourth grade teachers had all the kids (and the VP who happened to be passing by) sing to me, and one of the teachers made me a crown to wear. Another teacher gave me a plant and another a box of chocolates. Problem Child brought me 5 candy bars! My other problem child brought me a plant that I've never seen, but is pretty. Took awhile to calm the kids down. Then they bought me lunch from Pizza Hut (NOT pizza, thank goodness, I've overdosed on that.)

I got a call from my mom before school and a text from my son and a BUNCH of Facebook wishes. Now I'm thinking about where to go for dinner. I want to go to Chuy's but the ds loves it and he's working.

So, good day. :)

Photobucket

5 comments:

Mary Curry said...

Wow, Mary. Sounds like a wonderful group of students and friends appreciating you. Happy Day to you. Hope dinner's delish.

MJFredrick said...

Thanks, Mary! Too much food....

The other good news was that out of my 16 kids that I passed to 5th grade, all but one passed both math and reading TAKS (and she only failed math, which was always her weak spot), and EIGHT got commended performance, which means they missed 2 or less.

And I got a new sewing basket!

Mary Curry said...

Congrats, Mary. Ours take the ELA next Mon, Tues, and Wed. and the Math the following Wed, Thurs and Friday.

MJFredrick said...

My kids took the writing in March, but we don't have the results yet. We have reading and math next week, so we're hammering reading and math into them.

Marianne Arkins said...

Glad you had a great day :-)

Goodreads

M.J. Fredrick's books on Goodreads
Breaking DaylightBreaking Daylight
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.33)

Beneath the SurfaceBeneath the Surface
ratings: 11 (avg rating 4.00)

Hot ShotHot Shot (Samhain)
reviews: 2
ratings: 10 (avg rating 4.00)

Where There's SmokeWhere There's Smoke
ratings: 6 (avg rating 4.00)

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
Powered By Blogger

Good Reads

Widget_logo

Followers

About Me

My Photo
MJFredrick
I'm a mom, a wife, a teacher and a writer. I have five cats and a dog to keep me company. I love bookstores and libraries and Netflix - movies are my greatest weakness.
View my complete profile

Archive

Beneath the Surface

Breaking Daylight

Breaking Daylight Review

Where There's Smoke

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Where There's Smoke Review

Photobucket

Bull by the Horns

Photobucket

Hot Shot Reviews

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Hot Shot

Photobucket

Carina Press

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Join My Newsletter

    Where Visitors Live

    MJ Fredrick Fan Page's Fan Box