Sorry Writing Week

funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures


I've hardly written at all this week. The plot is moving faster than I'd like, and I'm trying to find a way to slow down. I had decided to go ahead and write it this way and fix it in revisions, then I got a revision letter yesterday from Samhain, so I'll be working on that starting this weekend. I only have about 30 more pages to revise on Queen, and Trish sent me her notes on Road Signs, so part of my block may be because I'm overwhelmed. Not to mention trouble with Problem Child and I didn't realize THIS was the end of the six weeks (I thought it was next week) and TAKS in...6 days.

I do feel creative. I bought fabric to make some capris, and fabric to cover my MIL's ottoman. I haven't made the capris, but did the ottoman last night.

Here's before:

Photobucket

Up close--lovely fabric :)

Photobucket


After: I once saw a couch with this fabric and wanted it, but my mom convinced me it was too busy.
Works as an accent, though.

Photobucket

It goes with my green wall and yellow couches, too. Next up, pillows with the leftover fabric. I think
I can get three out of the rest of the fabric.

Photobucket

Photobucket

7 comments:

Jennifer Shirk said...

LOVE it! Wow, I wish I could do someting like that!

MJFredrick said...

Jennifer, really, it wasn't hard. The secret in sewing and stuff like this is to pick a striking fabric. I have tons of skirts I get compliments on that are only two pieces sewn together, just because I pick pretty fabric.

I will say the first thing my dh said to me this AM was that I need to start making them to sell. Um, sure, honey, in my FREE TIME!

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

Yeah, Mary, that's what you talented people ALWAYS say. It's not about the fabric. It's about placement and folding and tucking and fastening and I can never do anything that well! I covered the chairs in our dining room and was very pleased with myself, but the fabric wasn't tight enough on half the chairs and wrinkles. *sigh*

Just accept that you're talented! :)

MJFredrick said...

Thanks, Natalie, but there are wrinkles. Not bad for a first effort, but I spent almost a week visualizing it.

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

Well, it looks great to me!

MJFredrick said...

Thanks! I didn't mean to sound ungracious :)

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

You didn't! :)

Goodreads

M.J. Fredrick's books on Goodreads
Breaking DaylightBreaking Daylight
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.33)

Beneath the SurfaceBeneath the Surface
ratings: 11 (avg rating 4.00)

Hot ShotHot Shot (Samhain)
reviews: 2
ratings: 10 (avg rating 4.00)

Where There's SmokeWhere There's Smoke
ratings: 6 (avg rating 4.00)

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
Powered By Blogger

Good Reads

Widget_logo

Followers

About Me

My Photo
MJFredrick
I'm a mom, a wife, a teacher and a writer. I have five cats and a dog to keep me company. I love bookstores and libraries and Netflix - movies are my greatest weakness.
View my complete profile

Archive

Beneath the Surface

Breaking Daylight

Breaking Daylight Review

Where There's Smoke

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Where There's Smoke Review

Photobucket

Bull by the Horns

Photobucket

Hot Shot Reviews

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Hot Shot

Photobucket

Carina Press

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Join My Newsletter

    Where Visitors Live

    MJ Fredrick Fan Page's Fan Box