You Ever Have One of Those Weeks....

funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures


So much going on, I don't know where to start!


Had a gut-clinching 24 hours with a parent threatening to bring the media to my school because of how I treated her grandson, AKA Problem Child. Had a conference with her this afternoon that was all sweetness and light. Whatev. 39 more days? I think I'll be taking every one of my sick days after the TAKS test.

Last Saturday (Friday? This week went quickly) the dh witnessed a wrong-way driver on his side of the highway. He came home and told me about it, and that night we saw on the news that he'd hit a truck head-on and killed the passenger. This shook the dh up pretty bad. Also, since he'd called 911 to report it, he's now a witness, and a detective came to our house last night to get his statement. He also told us some pretty grim stories about his job. I should have dragged the boy out of his room to listen. Dh is still pretty shaken up, because he was in the right lane when he would have ordinarily been in the left. Something told him, he said. I said it was his mom.

Yesterday, after freaking out that a parent was going to have video cameras in my classroom and hearing the words in my head, "on administrative leave pending investigation," I came home to get a second estimate on the tree guys. Theses are quite a lot cheaper, but still, bye-bye new laptop. Or trip to CA. We spent half our tax return on having two dead Chinese tallows removed, and the tree guys are still here.

I cut 3000 words from my romantic suspense, am watching a video now for inspiration, but I have no desire to write, and haven't written in 3 days now.

I found my favorite English teacher on Facebook, but haven't heard back from her yet.

I'm so glad it's the weekend.

Photobucket

4 comments:

Mary Curry said...

Oh hugs Mary. Some days/weeks there's just no winning.

Your poor DH. That is soooo upsetting. I can imagine it's really hard on him. At least he knows he did what he could by reporting it. I bet he'd be kicking himself something awful if he hadn't.

I also hear you on the money. DD#1 got into her grad school (YEAH) and got the financial aid info (SCARY). So yeah, our lives are over for the next 3 years although DH says he refuses to give up books (YEAH again).

Enjoy the weekend and here's hoping next week is so much better.

MJFredrick said...

Thanks, Mary. So I came home, had a couple of beers, was stretched out on the couch--and the dh says, "The dog got out." Spent the last hour driving the neighborhood. Still haven't found her.

EEK on grad school! But it seems like she just started college!

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

What a horrible start to the weekend! I hope this week goes much better!

MJFredrick said...

Thanks, Natalie. Saturday was good, Sunday was drama-filled again, but yesterday was nice and today was okay. 8 days until state testing, then the real countdown begins!

Goodreads

M.J. Fredrick's books on Goodreads
Breaking DaylightBreaking Daylight
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.33)

Beneath the SurfaceBeneath the Surface
ratings: 11 (avg rating 4.00)

Hot ShotHot Shot (Samhain)
reviews: 2
ratings: 10 (avg rating 4.00)

Where There's SmokeWhere There's Smoke
ratings: 6 (avg rating 4.00)

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
Powered By Blogger

Good Reads

Widget_logo

Followers

About Me

My Photo
MJFredrick
I'm a mom, a wife, a teacher and a writer. I have five cats and a dog to keep me company. I love bookstores and libraries and Netflix - movies are my greatest weakness.
View my complete profile

Archive

Beneath the Surface

Breaking Daylight

Breaking Daylight Review

Where There's Smoke

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Where There's Smoke Review

Photobucket

Bull by the Horns

Photobucket

Hot Shot Reviews

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Hot Shot

Photobucket

Carina Press

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Join My Newsletter

    Where Visitors Live

    MJ Fredrick Fan Page's Fan Box