The Day Is Mine! (Cue Evil Laughter)

funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures


The dh is working until early afternoon and he has a gig tonight. The boy is working this morning and afternoon, so I have the house to myself! I can eat lunch where and when I want, I can write, I can sleep....

Of course, I also have to do laundry, and maybe I'll work in the yard a little. Don't want to run the leaf blower while the neighborhood is still sleeping.

We had two trees taken down yesterday and I can't believe the changes it's made in the yard. One, in particular, has really opened up a space. Also, no more pesky Chinese tallow leaves everywhere. They also trimmed up some other bushes, I see (though they took out my redbud tree! At least it had already had its buds and wasn't mature in the least.) So it's much brighter back here today. Which reminds me--does anyone know of a good glare screen for this MacBook? I like to write outside and I can barely see. My iBook had a matte screen, but this one glares like mad.

Last night I came home and had 2 beers. The dh brought home pizza and I was essentially a lump on the couch when the dh said, "The dog got out." Now, she'd escaped the night before through the gate the tree guys were using. I wouldn't let her out without me when they were here. Then I double checked that gate.

So she got out through the other one.

We drove around the neighborhood for an hour, until we couldn't see anymore. We got home and the boy was here. He wanted to go around one more time, and the dh went with him. About half an hour later, I heard the car pull up, and the clicking of nails on the driveway. They were driving around and saw someone putting up flyers for a found dog (the picture is hilarious). He'd found her on the main road by our house, and said he saw her almost get hit by a car twice! Stupid creature. My son was upset that she'd go by the cars, and she is so grounded today. Even though both gates are secure, I'm only letting her outside a few minutes at a time. Bad dog!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Mary Curry said...

Having the house to myself is one of my most favorite things. Enjoy!!!!

MJFredrick said...

It was wonderful. I didn't get everything done that I wanted, but I still enjoyed myself.

Goodreads

M.J. Fredrick's books on Goodreads
Breaking DaylightBreaking Daylight
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.33)

Beneath the SurfaceBeneath the Surface
ratings: 11 (avg rating 4.00)

Hot ShotHot Shot (Samhain)
reviews: 2
ratings: 10 (avg rating 4.00)

Where There's SmokeWhere There's Smoke
ratings: 6 (avg rating 4.00)

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
Powered By Blogger

Good Reads

Widget_logo

Followers

About Me

My Photo
MJFredrick
I'm a mom, a wife, a teacher and a writer. I have five cats and a dog to keep me company. I love bookstores and libraries and Netflix - movies are my greatest weakness.
View my complete profile

Archive

Beneath the Surface

Breaking Daylight

Breaking Daylight Review

Where There's Smoke

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Where There's Smoke Review

Photobucket

Bull by the Horns

Photobucket

Hot Shot Reviews

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Hot Shot

Photobucket

Carina Press

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Join My Newsletter

    Where Visitors Live

    MJ Fredrick Fan Page's Fan Box