One of my Favorite Things

funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

Natalie convinced me to come back to Netflix since I was having so much trouble getting new releases from Blockbuster, and they changed the exchange-a-mailed-movie-for-a-movie-in-the-store policy. So I came back, and had the same trouble getting new releases.

But.

We got a new Tivo, which streams a lot (a LOT) of Netflix movies. A. LOT. Recently I learned they stream The Dresden Files and all the Buffy and Angel series (though I own those.) They stream all seasons of Grey’s Anatomy and The Office. They stream the new cable series Spartacus, and the old Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew (not the whole season, though.) Also The Night Stalker, remember that series? Also Lost, Torchwood, The Tudors, Harper’s Island and Heroes.

Then there are the movies. Two Sam Worthington Australian movies, a lot of the Mystery Science Theater movies, classics like Jason and the Argonauts, Cleopatra, Butterflies are Free, the original Clash of the Titans. Penelope is on there, a few of the Rocky movies, the second Terminator. Singles, The Breakfast Club, The Last of the Mohicans, only a click away. Somewhere in Time, Princess Bride, Footloose. Newer movies, too, like The Taking of Pelham 123, The Ugly Truth, Angels and Demons and The Proposal (which I’ve now seen a BUNCH.) Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog is there, and I realized I hadn’t seen the last episode. Caddyshack, Vacation and for awhile, Animal House was on.

It’s so nice, we’ve cut back to one DVD at a time, and when we’re in the mood, we just click onto Netflix. It stops the movie when you stop it and you can pick it up again later. I know Trish is using her netbook to stream them, which I could do, but I prefer it on the TV.

Anyone else use Netflix streaming? And no, no one is paying me for this!

Photobucket

5 comments:

mary beth said...

Using it all the time and LOVING it. That's how I saw Firefly and Serenity. Now I'm watching Bones. Really wish I could stream to the TV, but I don't have that ability yet.

Gina Black said...

I stream Netflix all the time. I use a Roku on one TV and the Wii on the other.

MJFredrick said...

Mary Beth, streaming is one reason we got the new Tivo. Also, more storage. It's nice to be able to watch on TV.

Gina, I've heard wonderful thinks about the Roku. I know streaming Netflix will be nice in summer when my shows are off.

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

I'm glad it worked out, otherwise I'd feel guilty for convincing you to switch, even though switching just proved you have an overall problem down there in Texas, not that Netflix is as bad as Blockbuster. :)

I just found out I can stream Netflix on our Wii, which is SO awesome! Otherwise it's on my computer or my laptop, and neither is idea.

MJFredrick said...

Cool about the Wii. I see Mary Beth got a DVD player that streams, too. I started watching the revival of House of Dark Shadows last night.

Goodreads

M.J. Fredrick's books on Goodreads
Breaking DaylightBreaking Daylight
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.33)

Beneath the SurfaceBeneath the Surface
ratings: 11 (avg rating 4.00)

Hot ShotHot Shot (Samhain)
reviews: 2
ratings: 10 (avg rating 4.00)

Where There's SmokeWhere There's Smoke
ratings: 6 (avg rating 4.00)

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
Powered By Blogger

Good Reads

Widget_logo

Followers

About Me

My Photo
MJFredrick
I'm a mom, a wife, a teacher and a writer. I have five cats and a dog to keep me company. I love bookstores and libraries and Netflix - movies are my greatest weakness.
View my complete profile

Archive

Beneath the Surface

Breaking Daylight

Breaking Daylight Review

Where There's Smoke

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Where There's Smoke Review

Photobucket

Bull by the Horns

Photobucket

Hot Shot Reviews

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Hot Shot

Photobucket

Carina Press

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Join My Newsletter

    Where Visitors Live

    MJ Fredrick Fan Page's Fan Box