Things That Make Me Happy

funny pictures of cats with captions
more animals

Our house is designed so the living area is in the back. When we first moved in, one of my favorite sights was our back neighbor's flag on his flagpole. He was a crazy old guy-we were pretty sure his dog's name was "Goddamnit." Anyway, he's gone now, and we have new neighbors.

Like us, their living area is in the back of the house, and they have a huge TV that faces their back door. So I can sit on the couce and see what they're watching. I love that.

Little Caesar's had a pizza deal last night. We got 2 pizzas for less than $10, and the boy went to get them. I can get behind that, too.

The fellas and I sat on the couches and watched W and Heroes. Lately the three of us are never all home, never all watching something at the same time. Tonight and tomorrow and Saturday we won't be. I need to enjoy it while I can.

I got a Sea Island Cotton candle and a Lavender Chamomile soap at Bath and Body Works. Smells gooood.

I got Panera bagels for school today. Cinnamon Crunch....yum.

My hair is long enough for ponytails again.

I have three magazines and a decorating book waiting for me when I finally meet my writing goals.

Sleep. I love sleep.

What's made you happy lately?


Jared Padalecki Pictures, Images and Photos

4 comments:

Mary Curry said...

Hi Mary,

Can you tell that being on vacation is making me happy?

I love how you've noted all the little things that make you happy.

For me - that first sip of hot coffee in the morning. Or a hot cup of tea and some time to savor it in the afternoon.

A wild, windy day.

Anything near the ocean.

The moment one of my students really gets something and you can see the lightbulb go off.

My puppy.

My feisty kitten taunting said puppy.

Anonymous said...

We also had the pizza deal for dinner last nite!

We found Mama an assisted living place that she LOVES. She feels safe and cozy there, and is ready to move in within the next few months. THIS gives me happiness, that she will be safe and happy.

We are going to the coast on Friday. Just seeing the ocean will give me great joy.

Hearing my DD come home from U and telling me about the hot guy who took her on a coffee date at school...other dates pending...

Licks on the face from my puppy...

The white statue of Our Lady that is the first thing I see when I look out the window...the pink roses I put in front of her...the purple mountain laurel blossoms bursting on the tree above her...

Watching SITC every night, often with a bag of 100 cal. popcorn...

and so much more. I am glad to be alive and with many blessings.

J

Anonymous said...

Having all our laundry done at once, folded and put away.

Rivers and smiling kids and hawks in flight and all the squishy stuff is nice, too, but the laundry -- man.

MJFredrick said...

Mary, I love that being on vacation makes you happy. Me, too! I love your list, because I can relate to all but the coffee and the wild windy day (though I do like to hear my windchimes when a front blows in.)

JoAnn, gotta love that pizza deal. Cheaper than anything I could make! I'm so glad your mom found a nice place. Is it close to you?

And mountain laurel blooms! I love them. Mine aren't blooming yet, but one by the school is.

Stacy, I know JUST what you mean! I have 3 baskets sitting here and another load in the dryer, but once they're all put away, I'll be happy.

Goodreads

M.J. Fredrick's books on Goodreads
Breaking DaylightBreaking Daylight
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.33)

Beneath the SurfaceBeneath the Surface
ratings: 11 (avg rating 4.00)

Hot ShotHot Shot (Samhain)
reviews: 2
ratings: 10 (avg rating 4.00)

Where There's SmokeWhere There's Smoke
ratings: 6 (avg rating 4.00)

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
Powered By Blogger

Good Reads

Widget_logo

Followers

About Me

My Photo
MJFredrick
I'm a mom, a wife, a teacher and a writer. I have five cats and a dog to keep me company. I love bookstores and libraries and Netflix - movies are my greatest weakness.
View my complete profile

Archive

Beneath the Surface

Breaking Daylight

Breaking Daylight Review

Where There's Smoke

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Where There's Smoke Review

Photobucket

Bull by the Horns

Photobucket

Hot Shot Reviews

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Hot Shot

Photobucket

Carina Press

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Join My Newsletter

    Where Visitors Live

    MJ Fredrick Fan Page's Fan Box