Bad Boys Revisited

My iPod should be here next week - I ordered a refurb from Apple. I'm thinking of naming it Metallipod. Or Mandroid. Obvious, I know.

Only 5 pages in 2 days - eek! Watched 3 episodes of Robin Hood, 2 Burn Notices, 2 Smallvilles and Psyche. Also did the driving thing and critiqued 2 1/2 chapters for my online group.

I know, I know, I ALWAYS talk about bad boys. But I finished watching the Robin Hood DVDs and was disappointed that Marian didn’t marry Guy of Gisborne.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


I thought the chemistry between Marian and Guy was great, I think he really loved her, and she felt he could be redeemed.




Trish was – not of the same mind. Guy IS a bad guy. He tried to kill the king, he’s the sheriff’s right-hand man, but I feel he WANTS to be good. In fact, he told Marian that he needs her to wash away his sins. (Not like THAT! PG blog, remember?)

Of course, I’m back on this because I’m getting ready to revise my own wicked bad boy story. We discussed it on the SARA forum and at the plotting meeting and the ladies suggested I come to you and ask what heroes in romance novels are really bad boys that are redeemed. The only one I can think of is BLACK ICE by Anne Stuart. Which ones can you think of?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gabe in SEP's Dream a Little Dream is HORRIBLE at first. Totally motivated though, so it works.

Trish Milburn said...

I can see your points about Guy, but it wouldn't be Robin Hood if Marian ended up with Guy of Gisbourne instead of Robin. Plus, Robin's such a fun, cute, good guy.

Marianne Arkins said...

I go back and forth and back and forth about Guy. Whoever wrote him did a fabulous job. Everytime I thinks he's just evil, he does something kind and sweet... and then when I think he's an okay guy (no pun, LOL), he does something horrific.

The show is wonderful.

Michelle Rowen said...

I think I'm in love. Raowrrr. *drools*

I'm a sucker for the redeemable bad guy. My absolute favorite hero-type.

Did I say raowrrrrr???

MJFredrick said...

No! No, Michelle, you must be writing!!! You must be writing me some QUINN!!! No Robin Hood for you ;)

Marianne, you are absolutely right - he's so well written (and cast.)

Trish, I know what you mean, but I still wanted the bad guy to get what he wanted!

Mary Beth, I hear that about Dream a Little Dream, which was my FAVORITE SEP and I don't remember him being so bad. MUST reread!

Goodreads

M.J. Fredrick's books on Goodreads
Breaking DaylightBreaking Daylight
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.33)

Beneath the SurfaceBeneath the Surface
ratings: 11 (avg rating 4.00)

Hot ShotHot Shot (Samhain)
reviews: 2
ratings: 10 (avg rating 4.00)

Where There's SmokeWhere There's Smoke
ratings: 6 (avg rating 4.00)

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
Powered By Blogger

Good Reads

Widget_logo

Followers

About Me

My Photo
MJFredrick
I'm a mom, a wife, a teacher and a writer. I have five cats and a dog to keep me company. I love bookstores and libraries and Netflix - movies are my greatest weakness.
View my complete profile

Archive

Beneath the Surface

Breaking Daylight

Breaking Daylight Review

Where There's Smoke

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Where There's Smoke Review

Photobucket

Bull by the Horns

Photobucket

Hot Shot Reviews

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Hot Shot

Photobucket

Carina Press

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Join My Newsletter

    Where Visitors Live

    MJ Fredrick Fan Page's Fan Box