Mish Mash

OH NO! I HAVE LET GO!

Places I didn’t go all summer (That I usually do):

The flower nursery (oddly, I went at least twice a week before school was out)
Le Peep restaurant
La Madeline restaurant
Target (and yet now I’m strangely compelled)
Sonic
Dairy Queen (though this should be resolved today)

I got up early and made a color-coded calendar till Christmas - different color for each story, and when I'll be working on it. I also finished my storyboard yesterday.

I broke down and bought The Boy an iPod alarm clock. It's also an iPod dock. Best money I ever spent - he spent the afternoon in his room and CLEANED it. EVEN THE DRAWERS. He had three big bags of trash, too.

One of my stories got kicked back from the Romance Junkies contest for being too violent. Hm. I can revise and resend, but…I don’t know, it’s hard to tone down, I guess, when I don’t see it. Maybe it’s the terrorism aspect – I know Miss Snark kicked it back for that.

We can’t have refrigerators in our classrooms anymore ☹ I have no idea what I’m going to do – I always have a Diet Coke in the AM and a bottle of water in the PM. Our Coke machine wasn’t working at the end of the year…and I DON’T want to leave anything in the communal refrigerator. Maybe an ice chest…which means I need to go to Target. Bleh. OR---maybe Lowe’s.

We finally saw Apocalypto last night, and it was pretty good, story-telling-wise. You had the ticking clock, you had the hero’s reversal.

You had two big Deus Ex Machinas. Yeesh.

Some terrible things happened to good people this week. I can’t bear to think about it, but keep them in your prayers.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

5 comments:

Trish Milburn said...

No DQ all summer? Horrors! I think I've swung by there for a Blizzard every week this summer. Wow, I want one now.

That cat picture is hilarious.

Toni Anderson said...

Mary, I tagged you.

Eek on the fridge--how silly that you can't have one in your room.

And I had the same problem with RJ :/

MJFredrick said...

We finally had DQ today, but I didn't get the burger I wanted :( The dh had it, but misunderstood my order.

Toni, are you going to revise and resubmit to RJ? Thanks for the refrigerator commiseration!

Toni Anderson said...

No Mary, I'm not. I could try a cat story I wrote, but the other stories are just too 'not twelve' to be rewritten :)

MJFredrick said...

Toni, that was my thought, too. I didn't want to dilute the content (which I didn't find all that bad, but then, I wrote it!)

Goodreads

M.J. Fredrick's books on Goodreads
Breaking DaylightBreaking Daylight
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.33)

Beneath the SurfaceBeneath the Surface
ratings: 11 (avg rating 4.00)

Hot ShotHot Shot (Samhain)
reviews: 2
ratings: 10 (avg rating 4.00)

Where There's SmokeWhere There's Smoke
ratings: 6 (avg rating 4.00)

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
Powered By Blogger

Good Reads

Widget_logo

Followers

About Me

My Photo
MJFredrick
I'm a mom, a wife, a teacher and a writer. I have five cats and a dog to keep me company. I love bookstores and libraries and Netflix - movies are my greatest weakness.
View my complete profile

Archive

Beneath the Surface

Breaking Daylight

Breaking Daylight Review

Where There's Smoke

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Where There's Smoke Review

Photobucket

Bull by the Horns

Photobucket

Hot Shot Reviews

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Hot Shot

Photobucket

Carina Press

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Join My Newsletter

    Where Visitors Live

    MJ Fredrick Fan Page's Fan Box