Generous Writers

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The boy wants an iPod dock that doubles as an alarm clock. Anyone have any experience with one they’d recommend? I bought my iTrip, waiting for it and my iPod next week!!!

10 pages yesterday, most after 10 PM. My old writing habits are returning, just as school is getting ready to start!

If you’ve gotten your RWR, read the letter to the editor from Allison Aldridge-Saur. I want to find this woman and hug her. She’s talking about her excitement in writing, in being a part of RWR, and it struck the feeling in me, recently reawakened.

We are fortunate, in this business, to have so many who give so much back. We have big names like Jennifer Crusie, who has a weekly online workshop about writing and publishing. We have Suzanne Brockmann who has her publisher print up booklets for free for fellow writers.

We have writers who give their time, like Trish, to plan great programs for the aspiring writers, like the PRO Retreat and the bootcamps.

In my chapter there are a group of writers who give their time generously. One, Layla Chase, runs a critique group every week – 2 times online and 2 times in person. She also works with Delilah Devlin to run an in-person plotting bootcamp, where they help other writers plot out their novels, free for our chapter members. Delilah and her sister Elle James also run a free workshop from their website, www.rosescoloredglasses.com, of how to increase your productivity.

Who is someone I’m missing here? Who are the generous writers you know?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

3 comments:

dawn said...

know nothing about the alarmclock
but i do have the memorex stereothingie
that is an ipod dock. it rox. you should come
see it.

Trish Milburn said...

There are so many generous writers out there who give workshops, mentor newer writers, are willing to speak on others' behalf to industry professionals. It's so wonderful to be a part of a group of professionals who are so giving.

MJFredrick said...

Dawn, he wants an alarm clock - sigh. He has his mother's taste ;)

Trish, I know how hard you work, and I want you to know it's appreciated!

Goodreads

M.J. Fredrick's books on Goodreads
Breaking DaylightBreaking Daylight
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.33)

Beneath the SurfaceBeneath the Surface
ratings: 11 (avg rating 4.00)

Hot ShotHot Shot (Samhain)
reviews: 2
ratings: 10 (avg rating 4.00)

Where There's SmokeWhere There's Smoke
ratings: 6 (avg rating 4.00)

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
Powered By Blogger

Good Reads

Widget_logo

Followers

About Me

My Photo
MJFredrick
I'm a mom, a wife, a teacher and a writer. I have five cats and a dog to keep me company. I love bookstores and libraries and Netflix - movies are my greatest weakness.
View my complete profile

Archive

Beneath the Surface

Breaking Daylight

Breaking Daylight Review

Where There's Smoke

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Where There's Smoke Review

Photobucket

Bull by the Horns

Photobucket

Hot Shot Reviews

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Hot Shot

Photobucket

Carina Press

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Join My Newsletter

    Where Visitors Live

    MJ Fredrick Fan Page's Fan Box