Vacation, Anyone?

Only 5 pages on BD yesterday, despite getting off to a quick start. I had to run the boy around town, then when I was settling in to write in the evening, the dh told me about the bridge in Minneapolis, so I spent the evening frantically trying to reach my dad. He and my stepmom are fine, but I didn’t get in touch with them till 9:10! My dad’s usually in bed by 9!

I entered the Gather First Chapter contest, too. Will let you know when to go vote ;)

Tonight we’re having another plotting party – whee!

If you are a Harry Potter fan, you MUST get this magazine.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I told my brother it took me as long to read the magazine as it did to read the book – good stuff!

I emailed Trish the other day and told her I needed to go to the Florida Everglades for research.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

She emailed back and said she was game, and that she needed to go to Salem, MA for research.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I’m on board with that!

We’d also said when we both sold, we wanted to go on an Alaskan cruise.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I would love to go back to the Grand Canyon and NYC.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I’ve never been to Monument Valley in Utah,

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

never been to the Pacific Northwest,

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

or Montana,

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

or Maine.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I would love to see Tennessee and the Outer Banks.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Where would you go if you could go anywhere?

12 comments:

Jennifer Shirk said...

Hmmm. Out of this country, I'd like to see the south of France or ANYWHERE in Italy. LOL!

In this country, I'd like to see the Grand Canyon area, too.

PS. You mentioned Salem, MA. I lived in Swampscott, MA for about 5 years. Small world. :)

Kelly Boyce said...

Loved the pix of Maine. I would go to: England (especially the countryside), South of France, Tuscany, Prague, I've never seen the Grand Canyon but would love to. Scotland. Wales. The list is long.

Trish Milburn said...

You put up pictures of so many of my favorite places -- the Outer Banks and Montana among them. Can't tell if the Pacific Northwest photo is Mt. Hood behind Portland or Mt. Rainier behind Seattle, but they're both gorgeous.

I've not been to the Grand Canyon or Yosemite, so those are high on the list. And like you said, Alaska.

Julie said...

I've always wanted to go to Australia. And now since I've started studying botany, New Zealand, too. And Iceland, and the Shetland and Faroe islands. How's that for off the beaten track?

But really, anywhere overseas would be nice. China, Europe, Russia, India, I'm easy.

Anonymous said...

I'd love to go to England and Scotland! :)

KATZ said...

I've never been to the Grand Canyon, gorgeous pic. But if I had to pick one place ANYWHERE in the world, it would be Iceland. Ever since they went there on the Amazing Race, I've been dying to go someday.

(Glad your parents were okay!)

Toni Anderson said...

Montana and Monument Valley--I'd love to just drive :)

We're going to the badlands and Canadian rockies in September though. Can't wait :)

Good luck with gather!! *vbg*

And I'm so glad your family was safe. What a terrible thing to happen.

dawn said...

your post reminds me of how beautiful our country is...all of that in one country! thank you.

MJFredrick said...

Interesting, most of you want to go out of the country, and there's so much here I haven't seen yet, though I would love to go to Italy. Ireland was a big dream of mine for so long.

Everyone must ABSOLUTELY GO to the Grand Canyon. When the dh picked it, I was like, "You want me to go outSIDE?" but it was amazing. Best vacation ever. Very relaxing.

Marianne Arkins said...

I'm only an hour from Maine and an hour from Salem, MA. I have a spare bedroom. Feel free to visit :-)

Anonymous said...

I'd like to visit Maine, not sure what town. Doesn't anyone know where Cabot Cove is? LOL That's where Murder She Wrote is set, one of my favorite shows. I'd also like to visit Philadelphia, Boston, Concord, Lexington, the places where the U.S. began. Well, I guess that would include Jamestown, Virginia, too, huh?
I'd also like to go to New York City.

But, if suddenly I had the time and money, I would first go to Ojinaga, Mexico, then in Texas, Presidio, Marfa, Shafter - the places where my great grandparents were born and settled first. I'd like to walk where they walked, or as near as I can get, visit courthouses, look through dusty records. I'd be in heaven.

My sister tells me she'd like to do that, too, but as far as the dusty records, she'll leave me to do that by myself.

The U.S. does offer a lot of nice places to visit. Texas offers a lot on its own. I think we have every kind of terrain and climate in Texas as well as "things to do" that the U.S. offers. Someday, I'd like to travel around Texas as well.

Lupe

MJFredrick said...

I'll be there this weekend, Marianne ;)

Lupe, you're right about Texas having its own highlights. I've never been to Big Bend or Marfa or Palo Duro Canyon or any of those. LOL on Cabot Cove - I'd love to go to Stars Hollow, CT, where Gilmore Girls is!

Goodreads

M.J. Fredrick's books on Goodreads
Breaking DaylightBreaking Daylight
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.33)

Beneath the SurfaceBeneath the Surface
ratings: 11 (avg rating 4.00)

Hot ShotHot Shot (Samhain)
reviews: 2
ratings: 10 (avg rating 4.00)

Where There's SmokeWhere There's Smoke
ratings: 6 (avg rating 4.00)

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
Powered By Blogger

Good Reads

Widget_logo

Followers

About Me

My Photo
MJFredrick
I'm a mom, a wife, a teacher and a writer. I have five cats and a dog to keep me company. I love bookstores and libraries and Netflix - movies are my greatest weakness.
View my complete profile

Archive

Beneath the Surface

Breaking Daylight

Breaking Daylight Review

Where There's Smoke

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Where There's Smoke Review

Photobucket

Bull by the Horns

Photobucket

Hot Shot Reviews

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Hot Shot

Photobucket

Carina Press

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Join My Newsletter

    Where Visitors Live

    MJ Fredrick Fan Page's Fan Box