Tagged!

kitteh jar

What is wrong with me? I have the house to myself all morning, perfectly silent, and I can’t get any writing done! I get on after dinner, TV on (sometimes 2!), guitars plinking, and I write. Weird.

I did sit outside after lathering bug spray on, and read Entertainment Weekly ;) It was gorgeous yesterday morning. Still, about 10 mosquitoes hovered over me at all times.

I thought I finished Ghost Hunters last night, but realized the emotional payoff was missing. So I need to fix that today, as well as go to the grocery store. Then I can give BD all my attention.

SARA is having a special meeting this month - if you're in the area, come on down!

Next SARA Meeting

Wednesday August 15 6:00 PM

Joe’s Crab shack I 10 and De Zavala

SPECIAL GUEST SPEAKER

Capt. Robert “Pete” Peterson, U.S. Navy, Ret. And a former SEAL will speak about the SEAL selection process, training, mind set, etc.

Joining him will be his wife, a former CIA operative in three different countries while he worked as an embassy attaché

SEAL and CIA Can’t beat that!

Please come with questions for both of them. This promises to be a very exciting meeting



Elizabeth tagged me with a Pop Culture meme! Here are the rules:

1. Go to this link at Pop Culture Madness (scroll down - see the list of years on the left?)

2. Pick the year you turned 18

3. Pick five songs from that year

4. Wax nostalgic about each song and why it’s special

5. Pass it on to 5 more friends

1) Rebel Yell – I snuck out to see this concert. We had first row, and Billy Idol was so stoned he couldn’t stand up. We also only had like 6 tickets, but 7 people, so had to do some creative, er, sitting.

2) Hm, the website lists I Will Follow and Pride in the Name of Love both as hits that year. I Will Follow was from Boy in 1980 and Pride in the Name of Love was from Unforgettable Fire, which I thought was a 1985 release. Anyway, I Will Follow was the song U2 performed on the Tom Snyder show and made the dh go crazy for them. Which in turn made me go crazy for them. Obsessed? ME???

3) Wake Me Up Before You Go Go – yes, I had a Go-Go t-shirt in dayglo orange.

4) Purple Rain/Let’s Go Crazy/When Doves Cry – LOVED the movie. Saw it a few times at the theater and many MANY times since.

5) Like a Virgin/Holiday/Lucky Star – I remember listening to them on the way to college every day my freshman year. On cassette tape.

I tag Trish, Colleen, Michele, Marianne and Natalie.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

2 comments:

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

Gah. I knew you were going to tag me. SO the wrong kind of meme to tag me for. :)

MJFredrick said...

LOL, sorry, Natalie! You don't HAVE to!

Goodreads

M.J. Fredrick's books on Goodreads
Breaking DaylightBreaking Daylight
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.33)

Beneath the SurfaceBeneath the Surface
ratings: 11 (avg rating 4.00)

Hot ShotHot Shot (Samhain)
reviews: 2
ratings: 10 (avg rating 4.00)

Where There's SmokeWhere There's Smoke
ratings: 6 (avg rating 4.00)

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
Powered By Blogger

Good Reads

Widget_logo

Followers

About Me

My Photo
MJFredrick
I'm a mom, a wife, a teacher and a writer. I have five cats and a dog to keep me company. I love bookstores and libraries and Netflix - movies are my greatest weakness.
View my complete profile

Archive

Beneath the Surface

Breaking Daylight

Breaking Daylight Review

Where There's Smoke

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Where There's Smoke Review

Photobucket

Bull by the Horns

Photobucket

Hot Shot Reviews

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Hot Shot

Photobucket

Carina Press

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Join My Newsletter

    Where Visitors Live

    MJ Fredrick Fan Page's Fan Box