Great Expectations

i iz blogginz / leef IÂ alonze

Part of what’s paralyzing me with this book is that I’m wondering if it meets expectations – mine, most of all, of course, but my cps, contest judges, editors…does this book fulfill the promise of a mother falling in love with a business-only Ranger while frantic to find her son?

Because again and again, the comments I get on Surface is that it didn’t meet expectations ☹

You’ve seen it happen, a book that started out so great and peters out. A movie that you expect to be one thing but is another.

I know PROOF OF LIFE is Michele’s movie. A Knight’s Tale and How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days are mine.

What are some books and movies that didn’t meet your expectations? Do you ever worry about this happening to your books?

2 comments:

MicheleKS said...

Yeah, me and 'Proof of Life'...I enjoyed 'A Knight's Tale' but then I don't take it too seriously and enjoy it for the piece of fluff that it is.

As for books... there have been quite a few over the years that didn't meet 'expectations' but since they're not on my shelves I don't have any titles.

For me, a book/movie/etc doesn't meet expectations when the setup doesn't hold through the follow up to the end. There are elements in the beginning that hook the audience but over the course of the story, they don't play out right and the story feels disjointed or lacking in spark.

MJFredrick said...

I bought The Knight's Tale, but I believe that he should have ended up with the blacksmith girl instead of the princess. It would have added to the conflict - here he made himself this one person, the person who could win a princess, but fell in love with a commoner like himself.

Trish was saying Flyboys didn't fulfill expectations as far as the romance went. I don't remember it well enough.

Goodreads

M.J. Fredrick's books on Goodreads
Breaking DaylightBreaking Daylight
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.33)

Beneath the SurfaceBeneath the Surface
ratings: 11 (avg rating 4.00)

Hot ShotHot Shot (Samhain)
reviews: 2
ratings: 10 (avg rating 4.00)

Where There's SmokeWhere There's Smoke
ratings: 6 (avg rating 4.00)

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
Powered By Blogger

Good Reads

Widget_logo

Followers

About Me

My Photo
MJFredrick
I'm a mom, a wife, a teacher and a writer. I have five cats and a dog to keep me company. I love bookstores and libraries and Netflix - movies are my greatest weakness.
View my complete profile

Archive

Beneath the Surface

Breaking Daylight

Breaking Daylight Review

Where There's Smoke

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Where There's Smoke Review

Photobucket

Bull by the Horns

Photobucket

Hot Shot Reviews

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Hot Shot

Photobucket

Carina Press

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Join My Newsletter

    Where Visitors Live

    MJ Fredrick Fan Page's Fan Box