Random Kitty

Funny Pictures
moar funny pictures

So yesterday, during testing, one of my students had to leave the classroom. He comes back in and says, "Miss, there's a cat." Sure I misunderstood him, I asked him to repeat, and then followed him into the hall. Sure enough, a little orange tabby was stretched out in front of my door!

Okay, my classroom is in a long hallway, separate from the main building. There are 12 other classrooms and the library besides. WHY did this cat know that I am a cat person? Why did it choose MY door?

The kids freaked like they'd never seen a cat before. When I scolded them, they said, "But we've never seen a cat in SCHOOL." Clearly they have not been my students long enough.

Anyway, the coaches took it and fed it and made it a little bed. Another kid took it home, which is good, because when I called the dh to tell him, he groaned and said, "So we have another *expletive deleted* cat?"

No, we don't. But I still want to know how it knew where to find me.

One major plot point remaining. I think I have an idea. And I wrote 4 pages on the Wayback story yesterday.

No more testing - I actually have to teach today ;) We're doing Social Studies all day because I need GRADES!

Photobucket

6 comments:

Trish Milburn said...

LOL. Animals know these things. I swear every stray in the area shows up at my former boss's house because they know she'll take them in.

Jennifer Shirk said...

HA! How cute! That kitty knew.

Elizabeth Kerri Mahon said...

Wow, a cat that's so cool. When I was in high school, we once found a baby bat in the garbage can in french class, which we took up to the roof to set free, and another time in French class, there was a dead fish lying on the floor.

Gina Black said...

I don't think I'd have been able to resist an orange tabby. I have such a thing for them. Unfortunately, my DH has instituted an embargo on new cats . . . (in other words, he wouldn't have just been swearing).

Stacy Dawn said...

LOL that's hilarious! Funny cat.

MJFredrick said...

LOL, Trish!

Wow, Elizabeth! Your school was an animal magnet. A dead fish???

Gina, it was REALLY cute and very sweet. It turned out to belong to one of the kids in my friend Cindi's class, and she said it was just the neatest cat.

Goodreads

M.J. Fredrick's books on Goodreads
Breaking DaylightBreaking Daylight
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.33)

Beneath the SurfaceBeneath the Surface
ratings: 11 (avg rating 4.00)

Hot ShotHot Shot (Samhain)
reviews: 2
ratings: 10 (avg rating 4.00)

Where There's SmokeWhere There's Smoke
ratings: 6 (avg rating 4.00)

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
Powered By Blogger

Good Reads

Widget_logo

Followers

About Me

My Photo
MJFredrick
I'm a mom, a wife, a teacher and a writer. I have five cats and a dog to keep me company. I love bookstores and libraries and Netflix - movies are my greatest weakness.
View my complete profile

Archive

Beneath the Surface

Breaking Daylight

Breaking Daylight Review

Where There's Smoke

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Where There's Smoke Review

Photobucket

Bull by the Horns

Photobucket

Hot Shot Reviews

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Hot Shot

Photobucket

Carina Press

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Join My Newsletter

    Where Visitors Live

    MJ Fredrick Fan Page's Fan Box