Amazon, Collages and Too Much Technology

Humorous Pictures
see more crazy cat pics

First of all, I’m on AMAZON!!!!! My friend Patti emailed to tell me!!!! Wow. Just…wow.


Secondly, I’m blogging about collaging at
Wet Noodle Posse. Come say hey.

Thirdly, the dh and I went out to dinner last night, at a pretty nice restaurant ($50 for the two of us, including dessert.) At the next table were four generations of women. The one in my generation texted on her phone the whole time there was no food in front of her. She didn’t even talk to her daughter, who, when the older two ladies went to the restroom, played her handheld video game since Mom wasn’t talking to her.

When I went to the restroom (after about 4 glasses of tea – they have the BEST tea) I saw a young family with a preteen and 3 kids under the age of 4, and they set up a portable DVD player for the kids to watch. Um. Huh. Too much technology? I mean, we’re guilty of watching programs during dinner, but we do actually talk to one another. This was just kinda sad.

I should finish Wayback today. At least I’d better – the dh is off tomorrow!

Photobucket

5 comments:

Marianne Arkins said...

Wait... wait... they had a DVD player at the RESTAURANT???

Have we forgotten how to interact with each other? Good grief...

And, congrats on your Amazon link! How exciting!!

Esri Rose said...

So far, showing up on Amazon has been the most exciting thing for me, too. More exciting than the cover flat, for some reason.

Got a very nice postcard for "Where There's Smoke" in the mail just now. Those turned out really nice!

MJFredrick said...

Yup, Marianne! I understand they're little kids, but my friend Cindi has little kids and she takes them out to eat. She just has expectations, you know? She did buy a portable DVD player for the car but only uses it on long trips, like when they travel through West Texas and there's nothing for the kids to see. I was very distressed by this.

Esri, yep, between Amazon and being #2....and seeing my cover on the stuff from Cafe Press....

Vista Print did a good job on those postcards, didn't they? I love them!

Kristen Painter said...

Yes, that is definitely too much technology. I love the internet, but I'm okay with walking away from it too. Sheesh.

MJFredrick said...

Kristin, I'm with you. Though I was REALLY glad for my iPod when I was waiting for the boy for an HOUR yesterday!!!

Goodreads

M.J. Fredrick's books on Goodreads
Breaking DaylightBreaking Daylight
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.33)

Beneath the SurfaceBeneath the Surface
ratings: 11 (avg rating 4.00)

Hot ShotHot Shot (Samhain)
reviews: 2
ratings: 10 (avg rating 4.00)

Where There's SmokeWhere There's Smoke
ratings: 6 (avg rating 4.00)

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
Powered By Blogger

Good Reads

Widget_logo

Followers

About Me

My Photo
MJFredrick
I'm a mom, a wife, a teacher and a writer. I have five cats and a dog to keep me company. I love bookstores and libraries and Netflix - movies are my greatest weakness.
View my complete profile

Archive

Beneath the Surface

Breaking Daylight

Breaking Daylight Review

Where There's Smoke

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Where There's Smoke Review

Photobucket

Bull by the Horns

Photobucket

Hot Shot Reviews

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Hot Shot

Photobucket

Carina Press

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Join My Newsletter

    Where Visitors Live

    MJ Fredrick Fan Page's Fan Box