Oh. My. God.

I'm going to be on TV tonight.

At 10:30, I ran to the restroom, and of course the office buzzed my room. The secretary wanted my cell so the principal could call me. A few minutes later, she called and told me that the local ABC affiliate was coming to interview me at 2:00.

Now.

It's Friday. I'm wearing my jeans and school shirt. My hair is pinned up. I have base and mascara and that's it. I even forgot to put on earrings. I usually dress pretty nice, but on Fridays.....

So, I'm thinking I'll run to Walgreen's at lunch, since my lunch and planning are together. Instead, I go to the office to see if they have any extra of the nicer collared school shirts. Um, no, but the counselor traded shirts with me. Only her shirt says "counselor" so the teacher next door took a plastic flower off one of her pens and made me a pin to cover that up. The counselor also had make-up she let me borrow, and another teacher let me borrow her earrings.

The kids were cracking up because I picked them up from PE looking COMPLETELY different.

So the man came and we went into the library and he asked me questions and I'm sure I rambled. Some stuff was coherent, but I'm still scared to watch.

And Cindi....we'll know Monday what the results are, but we do know she has to go back into surgery.

9 comments:

Lee McKenzie said...

Mary's makeover. I love it! This must go in a book someday.

Anonymous said...

Definitely a great scene for a book here. I'm jealous that you have such a good story to blog about. I'm sure you did great! --Liz

Anonymous said...

How cool, Mary! You work at an amazing school, don't you?!?!

Marianne Arkins said...

LOL... I LOVE that. And folks are right, that needs to be in a book.

I want to see you on YouTube. Where's the clip, where's the clip??

Trish Milburn said...

I chuckle every time I read about your hectic makeover. I too want to see the news clip.

MJFredrick said...

I don't see it on the news website...but we Tivoed it. I'll see what the dh can do about getting it onto the computer later.

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

Nothing like last-moment terror, huh?

Let Cindi know I'm praying for her.

Anonymous said...

I CAN'T BELIEVE I WAS OUT OF TOWN AND MISSED THIS!

So very cool. Mar, thank Goddess for YouTube! You looked wonderful!

Hugs and congrats,
J

MJFredrick said...

Thanks, Natalie and JoAnn!!!

Goodreads

M.J. Fredrick's books on Goodreads
Breaking DaylightBreaking Daylight
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.33)

Beneath the SurfaceBeneath the Surface
ratings: 11 (avg rating 4.00)

Hot ShotHot Shot (Samhain)
reviews: 2
ratings: 10 (avg rating 4.00)

Where There's SmokeWhere There's Smoke
ratings: 6 (avg rating 4.00)

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
Powered By Blogger

Good Reads

Widget_logo

Followers

About Me

My Photo
MJFredrick
I'm a mom, a wife, a teacher and a writer. I have five cats and a dog to keep me company. I love bookstores and libraries and Netflix - movies are my greatest weakness.
View my complete profile

Archive

Beneath the Surface

Breaking Daylight

Breaking Daylight Review

Where There's Smoke

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Where There's Smoke Review

Photobucket

Bull by the Horns

Photobucket

Hot Shot Reviews

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Hot Shot

Photobucket

Carina Press

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Join My Newsletter

    Where Visitors Live

    MJ Fredrick Fan Page's Fan Box