TODAY'S THE DAY!!!!!!!!!!

Photobucket

AHHHHHHH!!!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! :::::THUD:::::

It’s OUT! It’s already there on the website - LOOK!!

And last night my poster came from Café Press (I HIGHLY recommend -$5 and it’s STUNNING.)

Today, I’m blogging at Trish’s AND I’ve started my first contest on my website. I realized I didn’t put a deadline on there. What do you think? A week?

The champagne is chillin’ and we’re going out to dinner tonight (hopefully someplace casual so I can wear my book cover t-shirt) and if today wasn’t awesome enough, it’s the day before Spring Break, when all my possibilities are ahead of me.

:::happy sigh:::

Here's another excerpt:

She blew out an exasperated breath. “We’re different people than our parents, Seth. I am no more my mother
than you are your father.”

“I’ve been following in his footsteps for years. I’ve never been able to get involved with someone without wondering if someone better was out there.”

Double ow. She rubbed a hand over her breastbone. Even with her, he’d been looking elsewhere? Did he even realize what he’d said? Could she fight for this if that was really how he felt?

“All right,” she said softly, standing. She needed to get out of here, go somewhere quiet and listen to her heart break. “You know, you’re right. You’re following in your father’s footsteps, but it’s your choice to do it. You’ve colored all your adult relationships with the same brush. You don’t think you could be faithful to anyone because your father can’t be. From the beginning of each relationship, you saw it as doomed. Pretty convenient, don’t you think?”

He leaned forward, dropping his arms to the table with a thunk. “You’re twisting it—”

She shook her head, everything crystal clear now. “No, I’m not. I’m stating it plainly. You never gave any relationship a chance. You began each one knowing you would end it. From that point of view, your father is a
better man than you. At least he had hope his relationships would last.” She headed into the living room in search of her purse.

Seth followed. “You’d like it if it was true, wouldn’t you?” His voice was a low rumble, unlike any tone she’d
ever heard from him, like it came from a place of great pain.

She turned and saw something frightening flash in his eyes. What had she awakened? He paced the small living room in controlled strides, like a panther struggling for discipline before it struck its prey. “If you could just figure me out, everything could just go back to the way it was,” he said. “Everything could be the same and your little world wouldn’t be this twisted place, right? You hate change, Lauren, you fear it. The reason you think you love me is because I’m safe, I’m familiar. God forbid you risk anything, especially your heart. That’s why you never became a firefighter, Lauren. You don’t know how to risk anything.”

She was nose to nose with him before she knew it, trembling with anger and pain. She was dizzy with it. The
rolling of her stomach had nothing to do with last night’s whiskey. She and Seth had traded barbs for years and she
thought she’d developed some tough skin, but nothing ever hit so close to the bone.

“No, see, there you’re wrong, Seth. I risked everything with you. You’re the one who will risk your life in a fire, but not your heart to your best friend. Some kind of hero that makes you.”

End of excerpt.

As you can imagine, I haven’t gotten much writing done this week.

Photobucket

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you, Mary!!

I'll drink a glass of that champagne with you.

Lupe

Esri Rose said...

Make the contest run a month. And get it on this page.
http://romancereaderatheart.com/contests.html

Do a search on author contests and you might find more.

Big congratulations!!!!!

Gina Black said...

Congrats Mary!! How exciting for you!! Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!!

Heading over to get my copy NOW.

Trish Milburn said...

Yay, yay, yay! Can you tell I'm excited? :)

Tracy Montoya said...

Yay, Mary! Congratulations!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo!!! Congrats, Mary!!! :)

Marianne Arkins said...

Woo hoo!!!

Anonymous said...

Yay, you! I'm buying when I get home. But did you see? Last time I checked WRP, your book was in the top ten bestsellers!

Charity

MJFredrick said...

TOP TEN??????!!!!!


::::THUD::::

Thank you, Lupe, Esri, Gina, Trish, Tracy, Bonnie, Marianne and Charity!!!

Great site - thanks for the link, Esri!

CandaceCalvert said...

Mary,

I'm beyond THRILLED for you--way to go, talent girl! :-)

Have a fabulous time celebrating.

Candy

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

Dammit! I was so swamped and lost in my own life, I haven't been blog-reading and missed it!

Wait...this so isn't about me!

Mary, congratulations! I'm so thrilled for you! Even though I'm a day late.

I'll get my copy this weekend!

MJFredrick said...

Natalie, how dare you have a life ;) You know I'm playing.

Thanks!!!! I'm so tickled to be NUMBER FOUR!!!

MJFredrick said...

Candy, thank you SO MUCH!!! Your support means a lot!

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

I know, I'm so sorry. That pesky thing is always getting in the way! :)

Goodreads

M.J. Fredrick's books on Goodreads
Breaking DaylightBreaking Daylight
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.33)

Beneath the SurfaceBeneath the Surface
ratings: 11 (avg rating 4.00)

Hot ShotHot Shot (Samhain)
reviews: 2
ratings: 10 (avg rating 4.00)

Where There's SmokeWhere There's Smoke
ratings: 6 (avg rating 4.00)

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
Powered By Blogger

Good Reads

Widget_logo

Followers

About Me

My Photo
MJFredrick
I'm a mom, a wife, a teacher and a writer. I have five cats and a dog to keep me company. I love bookstores and libraries and Netflix - movies are my greatest weakness.
View my complete profile

Archive

Beneath the Surface

Breaking Daylight

Breaking Daylight Review

Where There's Smoke

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Where There's Smoke Review

Photobucket

Bull by the Horns

Photobucket

Hot Shot Reviews

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Hot Shot

Photobucket

Carina Press

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Join My Newsletter

    Where Visitors Live

    MJ Fredrick Fan Page's Fan Box