NUMBER THREE!!! Postcards and Vista Print, May 6 and a Boy Band Name

Humorous Pictures
see more crazy cat pics

I'm Number THREE today!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

Of course, I have no idea what that means, but I'll take it!

I got my postcards yesterday from Vista Print and they are gorgeous! And they got here in only a week. BUT...I had my addresses in an AppleWorks file and when the dh updated our OS to Leopard, well, AppleWorks doesn't. My physical address book is sadly out of date, so I only have about 30 postcards addressed.

VistaPrint sent me a "free offer." Man, are they good at getting people to buy. I got business cards and magnets for just shipping of $7. Then they showed me address labels. With my book cover. Only $4 - good deal, right? SO I got all that for less than $11.

I have my newsletter done, but when I save to PDF, I lose my links. Does anyone know how to fix that? I have a LOT of links.

According to Blockbuster.com, PS I LOVE YOU comes out on DVD May 6. 27 Dresses, which was released in theaters AFTER PS I LOVE YOU, comes out the week before in DVD. No FAIR!

Okay, I need a fake boy band name. It's driving me nuts. Any ideas?

Photobucket

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on #3 position, Mary! I don't have trouble with links translating into .pdf. Which writer are you using? How about The Fake Boys? Or Angst-iety.(jk) What context?

MJFredrick said...

Actually, Angst-iety is pretty darn funny, but I want it to be a tad more serious.

I'm using Word's newsletter templates. The dh says he will help today (yeah, he was all over that banner ad last week...) so we'll see.

Anonymous said...

Hey Mary. I place my links in a text block and they stay when I use the print command to save as PDF. Appleworks doesn't work with the new OS? ACK! Good to know. If you upgrade to iLife does it work?
What kind of boy band are they? Would something like Slow Move work? Are they more rock? We have so many bands here named stuff like:
Ionic Suicide or In the Mist or ABCD or Rinse and Repeat OR Rocketfire. They're silly.
YAY on #3!!!

Anonymous said...

Mary, Appleworks came installed on my new MacBook. I wonder why it's not working for you?

I saw a blog named trancefixed. Some variation might make an interesting band name.

Congrats again, Liz

Esri Rose said...

Congrats on #3!

Boy band names:

Tied for First
Gimme
Raw
Shameless Punks (my favorite)

I googled all those to see if a well-known band by that name already existed. They're clean.

Maureen McGowan said...

Congrats, Mary.

(and you had me at Tim Riggins.) Nice picture!

MJFredrick said...

Thanks, Stacy! I was using Word, but the dh opened it in Pages (the iLife program that came on his MacBook) and was able to convert. Yay!

Mary Beth, I can open some AppleWorks stuff in iLife, but this one had graphics and addresses, so it wouldn't recognize it.

I see this boy band as being N Sync like, but not as popular.

Liz, I LOVE that idea....

Great names, Esri! Thanks!

Maureen, good to see you! Isn't Tim pretty....???

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

I think the DVD thing is because 27 Dresses got pushed back to a later release in the theater, which wouldn't have affected the DVD schedule. Sorry. :(

MJFredrick said...

Hmph. I want my DVD!!!

Goodreads

M.J. Fredrick's books on Goodreads
Breaking DaylightBreaking Daylight
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.33)

Beneath the SurfaceBeneath the Surface
ratings: 11 (avg rating 4.00)

Hot ShotHot Shot (Samhain)
reviews: 2
ratings: 10 (avg rating 4.00)

Where There's SmokeWhere There's Smoke
ratings: 6 (avg rating 4.00)

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
Powered By Blogger

Good Reads

Widget_logo

Followers

About Me

My Photo
MJFredrick
I'm a mom, a wife, a teacher and a writer. I have five cats and a dog to keep me company. I love bookstores and libraries and Netflix - movies are my greatest weakness.
View my complete profile

Archive

Beneath the Surface

Breaking Daylight

Breaking Daylight Review

Where There's Smoke

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Where There's Smoke Review

Photobucket

Bull by the Horns

Photobucket

Hot Shot Reviews

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Hot Shot

Photobucket

Carina Press

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Join My Newsletter

    Where Visitors Live

    MJ Fredrick Fan Page's Fan Box