The Golden Heart

So, it’s that time again…the GH and Rita entry forms are up on the National website. Time to decide if entering is worth the $50 for a contest with great prestige but no feedback.

I’m entering Beneath the Surface. I need to rewrite the synopsis to give it more punch, but other than that, it’s ready to go.

I want to enter Alex, though it’s not done. I don’t know if I want to put myself under the pressure to finish it in under 2 months. Plus, it’s untested. It hasn’t been out to a contest, and at this point, not even to my critique group. Or Trish or JoAnn for that matter. And $50 is a lot of money for something that hasn’t shown success.

Do you plan to enter? What helps you decide if you should enter a manuscript? What do you do to prepare your entries?

I hope these DVDs come today.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck Mary!
Once again I can't decide. But then last year was my first time to even get scores back in the top quarter. :-)
I hate getting those score sheets back and seeing 9s and 3s. Drives me crazy!

Trish Milburn said...

I'm entering again. Big shock there. I'll enter the YA I finished this summer and the one I'm working on now as well as my newest women's fiction. Will have to think if I want to enter anything else.

MJFredrick said...

Mary Beth, the book I'm entering came in the top quarter the first year and the bottom the second. Same entry. So I revised it. Yeah, those diverse scores made me nuts.

Thanks for the luck.

No RS this year, Trish?

Kelly Boyce said...

I had planned on it originally, earlier in the year, but then with the work on Outlaw Bride I ended up a bit behind schedule and Brimstone just won't be ready. I could put a push on to get it there, but I really want to get my queries out to agents and I think in the end that's the way I should be going at this point. If I'm not contracted by this time next year, I'll enter for 2007.

MJFredrick said...

You're probably right, Kelly. Good luck with those queries!

Goodreads

M.J. Fredrick's books on Goodreads
Breaking DaylightBreaking Daylight
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.33)

Beneath the SurfaceBeneath the Surface
ratings: 11 (avg rating 4.00)

Hot ShotHot Shot (Samhain)
reviews: 2
ratings: 10 (avg rating 4.00)

Where There's SmokeWhere There's Smoke
ratings: 6 (avg rating 4.00)

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
Powered By Blogger

Good Reads

Widget_logo

Followers

About Me

My Photo
MJFredrick
I'm a mom, a wife, a teacher and a writer. I have five cats and a dog to keep me company. I love bookstores and libraries and Netflix - movies are my greatest weakness.
View my complete profile

Archive

Beneath the Surface

Breaking Daylight

Breaking Daylight Review

Where There's Smoke

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Where There's Smoke Review

Photobucket

Bull by the Horns

Photobucket

Hot Shot Reviews

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Hot Shot

Photobucket

Carina Press

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Join My Newsletter

    Where Visitors Live

    MJ Fredrick Fan Page's Fan Box