Life's Too Short for Ugly Towels

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I got new sheets this weekend. Aren't they pretty?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Made it very hard to get out of bed.

But then I went into the master bathroom, which no one ever goes into (even I prefer using the main bathroom, which is on the other side of the wall and exactly the same size). Since no one goes in it, it gets the reject handtowels. You know, towels that caught my eye once upon a blue moon but are now dingy and snarly and have me wondering what I was thinking.

Depressing towels. Ones I'm too cheap to throw away.

But then I was thinking. Seriously, how expensive ARE handtowels? Five bucks? Maybe? Admittedly, it's hard to find handtowels to match the peach decor of the master bath (yes, as in peach tile, floor and TOILET), but anything would be better than the white, blue and pink striped ickies that are in there now.

And the red plastic trashcan under the computer desk in the middle of the living room - what's a new trash can? Twenty bucks? I can splurge.

Oh, and the TOASTER - I've had it since my WEDDING (almost 20 years!) It is beige plastic, and lately it's been eating more of my PopTarts than I have. Time for a new one of those, too.

What household accessory do you put off buying? What do you hold onto for an unreasonable amount of time?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Open House is tonight, but when I get home, DENNY should be here!

7 comments:

Marianne Arkins said...

Okay, I know I live under a rock... but... who's Denny?

And, I love those sheets, but if I put them on the bed my husband would divorce me. Our bedroom is pale green, the spare bedroom is pale blue and the downstairs is done in shades of brown. He almost had a coronary when I painted my bathroom pink (and he doesn't even have to go in there)... LOL...

I need lots of stuff for the house, but I'm w-a-a-a-a-y too cheap to buy a new anything when the old whatever isn't completely broken or in pieces.

Hey, Mary... I was teaching spelling to my DD yesterday and we did the who "I before E" thing with the exception of "when it sounds like "a" as in neighbor or weigh", but then one of her words was science which messes everything up. Any suggestions on a hint for spelling that one?

Okay, I'm done rambling.... have a great day!

Anonymous said...

I'm with you, Mar...I hold onto towels until they are mere threads. I need new towels! My goal.

Joanna

Gina Black said...

Towels for me too. We need them bad, bad, bad. But since I like the huge bath sheets, it can be a major investment... Okay, not like the electronics I allow myself to splurge on. Don't know why I don't just get the towels...

We sleep on black sheets.

Trish Milburn said...

I love those sheets, but like Marianne I think the hubby would balk. Too girly. :) We have the basic pale blue and white bedroom.

I LOVE towels. Seriously, it's one of the aisles in Target or Wal-Mart that I love to go down. But I never buy any new ones. I have a closet full of towels, none of which we bought. They were all wedding gifts or something like that.

MJFredrick said...

Marianne, Denny is the ill-fated heart patient who was a semi-regular on Grey's last season.

I think it's funny about the husbands not liking the sheets. Mine didn't say anything, but he draws the line at girly checks (like he writes so many!)

There is a rule about "science" but I don't remember it!

So, Peggy, how big is that microwave??? My mom bought us one for Christmas one year (!!???!!!) which is why I no longer have the one my grandparents gave us when we married.

I like bath sheets, too, Gina. But yeah, investment! Maybe if we just bought a couple at a time.....

Janice Lynn said...

Nice sheets, Mary!

Colleen Gleason said...

I'm not reading some of these--both your faves and the comments--because I'm still behind on LOST, I haven't started Gray's, and half the other shows.

However, I did love Ross & Rachel's first kiss, and I also loved the episode when Joey and Phoebe find out about Chandler and Monica. One of my fave episodes!

Goodreads

M.J. Fredrick's books on Goodreads
Breaking DaylightBreaking Daylight
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.33)

Beneath the SurfaceBeneath the Surface
ratings: 11 (avg rating 4.00)

Hot ShotHot Shot (Samhain)
reviews: 2
ratings: 10 (avg rating 4.00)

Where There's SmokeWhere There's Smoke
ratings: 6 (avg rating 4.00)

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
Powered By Blogger

Good Reads

Widget_logo

Followers

About Me

My Photo
MJFredrick
I'm a mom, a wife, a teacher and a writer. I have five cats and a dog to keep me company. I love bookstores and libraries and Netflix - movies are my greatest weakness.
View my complete profile

Archive

Beneath the Surface

Breaking Daylight

Breaking Daylight Review

Where There's Smoke

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Where There's Smoke Review

Photobucket

Bull by the Horns

Photobucket

Hot Shot Reviews

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Hot Shot

Photobucket

Carina Press

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Join My Newsletter

    Where Visitors Live

    MJ Fredrick Fan Page's Fan Box