Insanity

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I think I literally lost my mind a little on Friday.

I haven't been happy with my classroom layout this year. It's too restricting, and with one of my students in a wheelchair, not very accessible. We're stuck in our desks most of the time, and I don't like that. So on Friday afternoon, I decided to do an Extreme Makeover. I took away the desks, and we're going to use tables. Which means we had to find homes for stuff that was in the desks. So I went to Big Lots after school and bought baskets. And then I went to JoAnn Fabric on Saturday morning and got tablecloths. My thought was to make it more homey looking. Then I got out my fall decorations, and I'm taking about half of them to school. Then yesterday I went to Dollar General and got more baskets. (I may take back some of the ones I got at Big Lots.)

But here's the thing. I want to have it ready when the kids walk in this morning. I think the earliest I can get in my room is 7. The kids come in at 7:45. I'm hoping I can get it done!

Also in the insanity department - I was at critique till FOUR on Saturday. Great ideas flowed. I had my butt in the chair till almost 10 last night, making changes to Surface, but it's much better. I've decided to enter it in the GH.

In honor of the book, here's Adrian.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like your classroom is going to look amazing, Mary :)

MJFredrick said...

The kids got a kick out of it! And it was easy to get them to clean up!

We're also trying to get more organized about keeping track of assignments. They liked that, too.

I took 5 baskets and 2 tablecloths back to the store and got $20 back! EEK! Told you I'd lost my mind.

Unknown said...

That's great that the kids liked the layout! Awesome also about the revisions, I know I always feel better when I get some serious work done on a WIP.

Kelly Boyce said...

I...I was going to say something but then the half naked pix of Gerry popped up and my thought process short circuited.

MJFredrick said...

Okay, the room is working out less well. We need to take more time to straighten during the day, I think, and time goes SO FAST. Plus, I was thinking it will NOT work during testing. All those kids so close together!

Goodreads

M.J. Fredrick's books on Goodreads
Breaking DaylightBreaking Daylight
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.33)

Beneath the SurfaceBeneath the Surface
ratings: 11 (avg rating 4.00)

Hot ShotHot Shot (Samhain)
reviews: 2
ratings: 10 (avg rating 4.00)

Where There's SmokeWhere There's Smoke
ratings: 6 (avg rating 4.00)

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
Powered By Blogger

Good Reads

Widget_logo

Followers

About Me

My Photo
MJFredrick
I'm a mom, a wife, a teacher and a writer. I have five cats and a dog to keep me company. I love bookstores and libraries and Netflix - movies are my greatest weakness.
View my complete profile

Archive

Beneath the Surface

Breaking Daylight

Breaking Daylight Review

Where There's Smoke

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Where There's Smoke Review

Photobucket

Bull by the Horns

Photobucket

Hot Shot Reviews

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Hot Shot

Photobucket

Carina Press

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Join My Newsletter

    Where Visitors Live

    MJ Fredrick Fan Page's Fan Box