400-something words, Satan and Payday!

So, Satan walked into my classroom yesterday. Caught me totally unaware.

You guys are actually really lucky I didn't have a blog when I worked at the School from Hell. God, it was awful. The principal (hereafter known as Satan, or She-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named) created the most miserable environment, that from the time she took over 5 years before I left to the time I left, only five teachers remained. Her list of sins is long and varied, but it includes harassment, confiscation, calling the cops on a parent to remove her from campus and threats. The year I left, she had NINE teachers, including me, file a grievance against her, but nothing was done. That last summer, I was prepared to work at McDonald's instead of going back there. NOTHING was done to stop her.

When we got a new superintendent, he moved her to another school. She did the same things there. So this year he put her in charge of one of the special programs. I am not in that special program, so imagine my shock when she opened the door and did a "walk through" of my class. She had no business being in there, but I was pleasant (which really gets me, because DAMN she made my life hell, and she LIED at my grievance hearing, which was the last time I was face to face with her.) When she left, one of my students, who transferred from The School from Hell, said his heart was pounding the whole time she was in there because he remembered how she used to make his teacher cry.

The woman is poison. It takes days to get her out of the system. I'm going to tell my principal we need a Satan alert. If I'd just had some kind of warning.....I could have said how happy I was at this school, and my principal is the best EVER, and what a favor she did me chasing me off.

On the upside, today is PAYDAY! We're going out to eat, or bringing something in. All I know is, I'm not cooking!!

And...y'all know I'm not a Sammy girl, but finding this pic MADE MY DAY! WOW.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

13 comments:

Jill Monroe said...

I can't tell you how happy I am you are away from that woman. I remember the problems.

Isn't the district afraid someone will sue over this?

Michelle Rowen said...

I'm switching favorite brothers now. Raowrrrrr!

Trish Milburn said...

Okay, I AM a Sammy gal. Pardon me while I wipe away my drool and try to pretend I'm not old enough to be his...much-older sister. :)

Anonymous said...

(((Mary)))

I'm so glad your present school and principal rock :)

Tracy Montoya said...

That is so sad about your student watching his teacher cry because of your horrible ex-principal. Why aren't people like that easy to fire?

I'm so glad you're away from her now. And I'm impressed that you managed to be civil--probably a better example for the students to witness than you throttling her.

Anonymous said...

Ooo, my sixth grade teacher was related to her, I think. That woman was awful. Almost every kid in our class was under a doctor's care for a nervous stomach because of her. But the principal was her good friend and wouldn't do a darn thing about her. I was so glad to leave that school!

MJFredrick said...

Jill, I don't know if anyone can do more than we did. We filed grievance after grievance, but the superintendent was her buddy. When we went to the hearing, the super kissed her on the cheek, and didn't even tell the rest of us hello. We knew what the outcome would be then.

I did go to my principals today and asked what business she had in my classroom. Every other teacher she went to was under her special program, but I wasn't. My principal said she was just doing a district walkthrough, but he'd try to keep her away from me.

One of my coworkers said my cool reception of her probably threw her off more than me.

Tori, that's awful about your teacher!

I printed out this picture and took it to school, put it on my clipboard. It made me happy!

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

I'm a Sammy gal, too. I was always more of a Dean gal, but Sammy got my soft spot.

Then I saw this picture and died. :)

Now I'm pretty equally Sam and Dean. I think tomorrow's episode is going to tear me apart.

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

Whoops. I meant to say how HORRIBLE that that woman had to come into your great new working environment and ruin it, however temporarily.

But Sam kinda blew all my brain cells. Sorry.

MJFredrick said...

Natalie, isn't it the best picture? I went cruising around last night and couldn't find anything remotely similar, though!


Thanks for the commiseration on Satan's visit!

Karmela said...

Niiice...

MJFredrick said...

That's all I'm saying, Karmela ;)

Dr. Homeslice said...

You've been added to the union bouquet!

Goodreads

M.J. Fredrick's books on Goodreads
Breaking DaylightBreaking Daylight
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.33)

Beneath the SurfaceBeneath the Surface
ratings: 11 (avg rating 4.00)

Hot ShotHot Shot (Samhain)
reviews: 2
ratings: 10 (avg rating 4.00)

Where There's SmokeWhere There's Smoke
ratings: 6 (avg rating 4.00)

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
Powered By Blogger

Good Reads

Widget_logo

Followers

About Me

My Photo
MJFredrick
I'm a mom, a wife, a teacher and a writer. I have five cats and a dog to keep me company. I love bookstores and libraries and Netflix - movies are my greatest weakness.
View my complete profile

Archive

Beneath the Surface

Breaking Daylight

Breaking Daylight Review

Where There's Smoke

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Where There's Smoke Review

Photobucket

Bull by the Horns

Photobucket

Hot Shot Reviews

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Hot Shot

Photobucket

Carina Press

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Join My Newsletter

    Where Visitors Live

    MJ Fredrick Fan Page's Fan Box