Maid Service Coming Tomorrow

funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

We saw Defiance last night. Sad that I was so looking forward to it and was so disappointed. It was just meh.

Today's my last full day with the kids. We're playing board games in the AM and having a pizza party in the PM. Then tomorrow, movies until noon. My room is mostly packed. I hope to clean while the kids are playing.

The maid service is coming tomorrow. It was a gift from my dad and stepmom (though Baby Brother says I shouldn't say that, that they must think my house is filthy. It's not. Just needs some...detailing.) I feel compelled to say that it was a gift, I don't know why. It's not like I think it's frivolous, but it is a luxury.

I've never done this before, though, and I'll be home part of the time they'll be here. I'm not sure what to do with myself during that time. I mean, I feel guilty sitting on the couch while the dh does the dishes, though it's part of the deal if I cook. I thought of sitting in the backyard and writing, where at least I'll be out of the way, but...okay, here's the thing. I'm worried they'll judge me for not being able or willing to clean house myself. Sad, right?

Have you ever had a maid service come? What do you do while they're there?

Photobucket

7 comments:

Jennifer Shirk said...

I had a maid service for about 6 months when I was pregnant and very sick.
I NEVER knew what to do with myself! LOL! I think I read.

I wasn't writing at the time, otherwise I would have been working at the computer. :)

Anonymous said...

Sit and write...that is your job. This round of cleaning is their job.

I used to tell my Mother and my husband..."You have earned the right to just supervise!" Tellin' ya the same thing, Mar.


J

Elisabeth Crisp said...

What a great gift. Your brother's wrong. A gift like that means your guests don't want to be an imposition, and they know how hard you work! Enjoy it.

As far as feeling guilty--if you cleaned the house yourself, the maids would be out of a job. No job, no paycheck. Feel guilty about that instead.

Go for a walk. Read a book. Paint your nails. Work in your garden. Write. Do something you've been wanting to do, but didn't have the time for.

Happy Summer vacation. You've earned it.

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

I had a service for a couple of years, doing the main areas (bathrooms, kitchen floor, LR and DR). But I was working at the time, and hated it the one time I was home. I think you're okay to be outside writing, but it wouldn't hurt to go to a coffee shop or something. :)

Anyway, enjoy it! I soooo want my service back!

MJFredrick said...

I couldn't concentrate enough to write, but I did get my Google Reader whittled down. And I talked a bit to the head lady. She was cool. I told her my mom wanted to help me but I told her I couldn't sit and relax if Mom was doing it, you know?

Liz, that makes perfect sense! I like that reasoning. I was too wrung out from school so I just surfed the web.

Natalie, I was just thinking that this would be one place people would cut back in this economy. Sucks, because it's nice to not have to worry about it.

John said...

SKT Cleaning services we offer affordable Maid Service in Dubai

eilishbilliepatrick said...

Maids really help most of the families in doing all household chores. That's why our family hire part time maids rather than full time maids as we will not worry about the salary or the benefits of the maid. The agency will provide that.
Maid Agency In Chennai
House Maids Chennai

Goodreads

M.J. Fredrick's books on Goodreads
Breaking DaylightBreaking Daylight
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.33)

Beneath the SurfaceBeneath the Surface
ratings: 11 (avg rating 4.00)

Hot ShotHot Shot (Samhain)
reviews: 2
ratings: 10 (avg rating 4.00)

Where There's SmokeWhere There's Smoke
ratings: 6 (avg rating 4.00)

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
Powered By Blogger

Good Reads

Widget_logo

Followers

About Me

My Photo
MJFredrick
I'm a mom, a wife, a teacher and a writer. I have five cats and a dog to keep me company. I love bookstores and libraries and Netflix - movies are my greatest weakness.
View my complete profile

Archive

Beneath the Surface

Breaking Daylight

Breaking Daylight Review

Where There's Smoke

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Where There's Smoke Review

Photobucket

Bull by the Horns

Photobucket

Hot Shot Reviews

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Hot Shot

Photobucket

Carina Press

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Join My Newsletter

    Where Visitors Live

    MJ Fredrick Fan Page's Fan Box