The Appeal of Glee


I love Glee. I heard a lot about it last year, when Fox showed the pilot, so when it reaired in the fall, I recorded it and fell in love. It's like a drug, seriously. It makes me ridiculously happy. I love the music, especially, and the dances. I love Mr. Schuster and the romance with Emma. I. Love. Sue Sylvester.

My cousin Greg posted to my Facebook page that he doesn't get it, that it must be a teacher thing. I think maybe, because a number of teachers at my school watch and love it. But I know a lot of writers that like it, too. I don't know a lot of guys who like it. The dh and ds were in the room while I was watching it and were snarking like mad, but my friend Susan's husband watches with her. I think it might have more appeal to people who were on the fringe in high school, too.

So what IS the appeal of Glee? Why does it make me so happy? It hits a chord with a lot of people (haha) but I can't put my finger on it.



Photobucket

3 comments:

Charity Tahmaseb said...

I love, Love, LOVE Glee. Oddly enough, so does my husband, but he was embarrassed to admit it. LOL

I love Sue, of course, but Brittany is hysterical. Heather Morris plays her pitch perfect.

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

I love Glee, and so does my 14-year-old daughter. My husband doesn't have any direct interest in it, but laughs when it's on and he's in the room. And I'm sure he likes the cheerleader routines. LOL

It just makes me feel good, that's all I can say.

MJFredrick said...

I think it's trippy that we can't really put a finger on it. Charity, you're right about Brittany. When she took all her antibiotics--LOL!

I just realized the dog on the right in the Jared picture looks like my dog Stormy.

Goodreads

M.J. Fredrick's books on Goodreads
Breaking DaylightBreaking Daylight
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.33)

Beneath the SurfaceBeneath the Surface
ratings: 11 (avg rating 4.00)

Hot ShotHot Shot (Samhain)
reviews: 2
ratings: 10 (avg rating 4.00)

Where There's SmokeWhere There's Smoke
ratings: 6 (avg rating 4.00)

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
Powered By Blogger

Good Reads

Widget_logo

Followers

About Me

My Photo
MJFredrick
I'm a mom, a wife, a teacher and a writer. I have five cats and a dog to keep me company. I love bookstores and libraries and Netflix - movies are my greatest weakness.
View my complete profile

Archive

Beneath the Surface

Breaking Daylight

Breaking Daylight Review

Where There's Smoke

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Where There's Smoke Review

Photobucket

Bull by the Horns

Photobucket

Hot Shot Reviews

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Hot Shot

Photobucket

Carina Press

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Join My Newsletter

    Where Visitors Live

    MJ Fredrick Fan Page's Fan Box