Diet Foods



I'm not on a diet, exactly, but the boy is, so I've been trying out new diet snacks so not to tempt him with the usual cookies and brownies I make. I've discovered that diet foods aren't so bad right now. I've been taking the Oroweat sandwich thins for lunch, as well as the Pringles and 100-calorie Nabisco sweets. I will say I'm hungry by 4 PM, though.



So when I come home, I have one of these treats. The mousse is sooooooo good, but then, so are the Skinny Cow sandwiches. I've only had one of the truffles.






The other day I celebrated with one of these:


Mmm. I still have my Big Mac and fries, and Chick-Fil-A breakfast biscuits, but I figure I'm cutting corners. What diet foods do you like?

Photobucket

5 comments:

Marianne Arkins said...

You could try something crazy like... fruit (even fruit leather which is like eating candy). Or baby carrots and chipolte ranch dressing. Even Triscuits are pretty healthy (try the flavored ones). Cuz, no matter how you look at it ... 100 calories of Pringles is still junk food with no nutritional value. Sorry.

Nutrition is a subject near and dear to my heart.

I'll stop before I nag.

MJFredrick said...

Ah, Cindi's been nagging me for years. I have the palate of an 8 year old.

But I do like fruit leather. Fruit itself never stays long in the house, and I only shop once a week.

Kelly Boyce said...

I want to try those SKinny Cow treats. I keep seeing them in the store but I worry because they're low cal if I'll just eat the whole box...

MJFredrick said...

They're so good, Kelly, and filling enough that you won't scarf them all :)

mary beth said...

Fruits and veggies. All of them. :-)I'm using the free app loseit. WONDERFUL!
I've heard the $1.99 app iFitness is great too.

Goodreads

M.J. Fredrick's books on Goodreads
Breaking DaylightBreaking Daylight
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.33)

Beneath the SurfaceBeneath the Surface
ratings: 11 (avg rating 4.00)

Hot ShotHot Shot (Samhain)
reviews: 2
ratings: 10 (avg rating 4.00)

Where There's SmokeWhere There's Smoke
ratings: 6 (avg rating 4.00)

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
Powered By Blogger

Good Reads

Widget_logo

Followers

About Me

My Photo
MJFredrick
I'm a mom, a wife, a teacher and a writer. I have five cats and a dog to keep me company. I love bookstores and libraries and Netflix - movies are my greatest weakness.
View my complete profile

Archive

Beneath the Surface

Breaking Daylight

Breaking Daylight Review

Where There's Smoke

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Where There's Smoke Review

Photobucket

Bull by the Horns

Photobucket

Hot Shot Reviews

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Hot Shot

Photobucket

Carina Press

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Join My Newsletter

    Where Visitors Live

    MJ Fredrick Fan Page's Fan Box