How To Train Your Dragon

funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures


First, I was ready to pull the trigger on buying the airline tickets for our trip to CA for my grandmother's 90th birthday, and the tickets have gone up $40 each! From Thursday morning to Thursday night! ARGH!

Second, we took the kids to see How To Train Your Dragon yesterday. We got to the theater early--they'd planned to show it just to us. The kids bought their snacks (OMG, did this theater make money!) We didn't get the discount we did last year, and it was in 3D so we didn't have the money preorder the snacks, which we need to do if we do this again, even if we just ask the kids for the money. So we get the 3D glasses and the movie starts in this big theater and....it's blurry. I moved, thinking it was me. I cleaned my glasses and my 3D glasses. Finally another parent turned to me and asked if I could see it. Everyone just assumed it was them. Another parent and I went to tell the management. They moved us to a TINY theater--not even enough room for all the kids and the parents with us. They had to bring in chairs! Also, the kids swear they saw rats!! But once the movie started, the worries fell away.

What a wonderful movie! I just loved it. It was visually gorgeous. I thought it was very unique despite having a familiar theme (the same theme as GLEE this week, in fact), and I started clapping as soon as it was over. The grandmother sitting with me turned to me and said, "THAT was a movie."

Have you seen it? Did you like it?

Also, don't you think Hiccup looks like Jared?

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

I loved this movie! And yes, Hiccup does look a little like Jared! LOL

Marianne Arkins said...

I haven't heard anything bad about this movie anywhere -- am planning on taking DD next week to the theater by us that's playing it in 3D.

Goodreads

M.J. Fredrick's books on Goodreads
Breaking DaylightBreaking Daylight
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.33)

Beneath the SurfaceBeneath the Surface
ratings: 11 (avg rating 4.00)

Hot ShotHot Shot (Samhain)
reviews: 2
ratings: 10 (avg rating 4.00)

Where There's SmokeWhere There's Smoke
ratings: 6 (avg rating 4.00)

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
Powered By Blogger

Good Reads

Widget_logo

Followers

About Me

My Photo
MJFredrick
I'm a mom, a wife, a teacher and a writer. I have five cats and a dog to keep me company. I love bookstores and libraries and Netflix - movies are my greatest weakness.
View my complete profile

Archive

Beneath the Surface

Breaking Daylight

Breaking Daylight Review

Where There's Smoke

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Where There's Smoke Review

Photobucket

Bull by the Horns

Photobucket

Hot Shot Reviews

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Hot Shot

Photobucket

Carina Press

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Join My Newsletter

    Where Visitors Live

    MJ Fredrick Fan Page's Fan Box