The Ugly Truth

'funny
moar funny pictures


Yesterday I came home, turned The Ugly Truth on Netflix, and went to
sleep on the couch. (I like having a familiar movie on when I sleep on
the couch.) When I woke up, the scene where she finds out he's left
was on.

Jennifer Crusie's right. It's a terrible movie. She's a shrill heroine, and
he's an arrogant SOB. So I wondered what might have made it a better
movie, and I thought, "She's the wrong heroine for him."

In the beginning, he's telling women who call in to his show that they're
dogs if they haven't found the right person, and when he meets the
heroine, he says she's not a dog at all.

Maybe she should have been. Maybe she should have been a confident
woman who wasn't slender and blonde and beautiful. Maybe she should
have been a little heavy, a little less-than-gorgeous. Maybe she should
have challenged his own perceptions ofbeauty and love more than she did.
Because essentially he got what he wanted withoutchanging his perceptions,
much like Danny at the end of Grease, when Sandy changeswho she is for him.

What do you think? Did you see the movie? Did you like it? Do you think
my idea is better? (HINT: The answer is yes.)

11 more days of school. So much to do!

Photobucket

3 comments:

Kelly Boyce said...

I didn't see the movie. Catherine Heigl doesn't appeal to me and the movie looked a little run of the mill. But you're right - sounds like they should have done your version of the heroine. But good luck getting that past the Hollywood Boys Club!

Marianne Arkins said...

I've never seen it either... never really wanted to. Guess that says something, lol!

Like the new layout except your posts run into the sidebar and I couldn't read some of the words.

MJFredrick said...

Well, bummer. I changed it because someone else told me it was bleeding into the sidebar the other way. I wonder if I do a new post with this format, if it will be better.

Goodreads

M.J. Fredrick's books on Goodreads
Breaking DaylightBreaking Daylight
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.33)

Beneath the SurfaceBeneath the Surface
ratings: 11 (avg rating 4.00)

Hot ShotHot Shot (Samhain)
reviews: 2
ratings: 10 (avg rating 4.00)

Where There's SmokeWhere There's Smoke
ratings: 6 (avg rating 4.00)

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
Powered By Blogger

Good Reads

Widget_logo

Followers

About Me

My Photo
MJFredrick
I'm a mom, a wife, a teacher and a writer. I have five cats and a dog to keep me company. I love bookstores and libraries and Netflix - movies are my greatest weakness.
View my complete profile

Archive

Beneath the Surface

Breaking Daylight

Breaking Daylight Review

Where There's Smoke

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Where There's Smoke Review

Photobucket

Bull by the Horns

Photobucket

Hot Shot Reviews

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Hot Shot

Photobucket

Carina Press

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Join My Newsletter

    Where Visitors Live

    MJ Fredrick Fan Page's Fan Box