The Emily

You guys, what a fabulous decision I made to go to the Emily luncheon. First of all, the WHRWA is WONDERFUL! The ladies are such a wonderful welcoming bunch!! If I lived closer, I'd join in a heartbeat! No fewer than 10 people went out of their way to welcome me. I met Sarah , who I know from eHQ, Tera Lyn Childs from the 2004 GH class, and my new idol, Colleen Thompson . Everyone made me right at home, down to the Diet Coke with Lime. The business meeting gave me some ideas to bring back to SARA, and the first talk by PJ Mellor about being an overnight success in 10 years hit close to home. Then we had lunch - Italian food - then the awards.

I've only ever been to the GH waiting to hear my name, so this was another new experience (you know, besides going to a meeting where you know NO ONE). She read out all the other titles in my category, and then there were two - mine and another book called Don't Look Back. Mine came in second. I got a really cool certificate, too!

Then Colleen gave her talk about Fulfilling the Promise by writing a powerful ending. Great talk! She finished about 30 minutes before I told the dh to pick me up, I helped Sarah put away tables and we yakked and yakked with JoAnne, the president (who I want to be when I grow up), until the guys came to get me. Then we headed to Rainforest Cafe, our tradition on Houston trips. Got home around 8 last night. It was so worth it.

We're in reruns in the Gerry pictures. How about calling it, The Best of the Best?

Image hosting by Photobucket

6 comments:

Trish Milburn said...

I'm glad you had a great time. And I'm glad you're back. Would you believe I still came over to your blog yesterday morning? :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun luncheon. Congratulations!!

kris said...

Wahoo, Mary, and bravo on such an EXCELLENT showing in the Emily!!

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo, Mary!!!! That's fantastic :)

Rachel Vincent said...

Congratulations Mary! It sounds like you had a great trip.

MJFredrick said...

Thanks, ladies! Trish, LOL on habits, huh? We didn't even pack the laptop. We were only gone 26 hours.

Stacy, sorry your weekend was bad!

Goodreads

M.J. Fredrick's books on Goodreads
Breaking DaylightBreaking Daylight
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.33)

Beneath the SurfaceBeneath the Surface
ratings: 11 (avg rating 4.00)

Hot ShotHot Shot (Samhain)
reviews: 2
ratings: 10 (avg rating 4.00)

Where There's SmokeWhere There's Smoke
ratings: 6 (avg rating 4.00)

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
Powered By Blogger

Good Reads

Widget_logo

Followers

About Me

My Photo
MJFredrick
I'm a mom, a wife, a teacher and a writer. I have five cats and a dog to keep me company. I love bookstores and libraries and Netflix - movies are my greatest weakness.
View my complete profile

Archive

Beneath the Surface

Breaking Daylight

Breaking Daylight Review

Where There's Smoke

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Where There's Smoke Review

Photobucket

Bull by the Horns

Photobucket

Hot Shot Reviews

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Hot Shot

Photobucket

Carina Press

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Join My Newsletter

    Where Visitors Live

    MJ Fredrick Fan Page's Fan Box