Luke and Lorelei and Jack and Marin

Crossin bridge to holy grail, BRB!

So I had this really great dream about Men in Trees the other night. If you haven't seen Men in Trees, it's about a relationship coach named Marin whose relationship goes south and she ends up moving to Alaska, where she meets man's man Jack. They start out as friends but they're attracted. They give into the attraction and then they're friends again. ANYWAY, I haven't seen all the episodes, been catching up this summer, but it's a straight romance.

Then last night (after a day which included no AC in my classroom STILL, an incontinent kitty and stepping in dog poo) I watched a 7th season episode of Gilmore Girls, where Lorelei asks her ex, Luke, to help her shop for a new car. Luke agrees in the name of politeness, but her pickiness gets to him and he just explodes. No more politeness. In the middle of his diatribe, she starts grinning, because everything's back to normal. He's not pussyfooting around anymore.

It was great.

So now....I want to write a straight romance. It's been YEARS since I've done such a thing, and I know I'll need good plot/conflict (weaknesses #1 and #2) but I think THAT might be my Nano book. I'll play with the idea today during inservice.

BUT I still need to revise BD and Spy Girl (I'm 9 pages behind schedule on Spy Girl, just need to type in the changes on BD that I made last night -- I'm doing 5 pages a day.) Then after that is Ghost Hunters.

And...I want to write Vamp Hunters.

AND...I want to revise this year's GH finalist to a paranormal. You see my dilemma. Why is this ambition hitting me now?

I just found out last night Gerard Butler's new movie, which was called Butterfly on a Wheel, has been retitled SHATTERED and will be on TNT Labor Day weekend. (YAY for Tivo!)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

5 comments:

Elizabeth Kerri Mahon said...

Good luck on writing a straight romance Mary. I just dipped my foot into the waters by writing a novella for the Brava contest. And I'm also thinking of turning one of my chick-lit novels into a paranormal! And entering one of my YA's in the Golden Heart! There must be something in the cosmos. By the way what do you think of Anne Heche ending up with James Tupper from Men in Trees?

Anonymous said...

Good luck on the straight romance plan, Mary. Sounds like just the thing--a good, solid love story.

Have you read the Virgin River books? Love them--they're straight romances verging on women's fiction.

But I was sort of hoping to see The Book From Hell. :-)

Best wishes on getting the A/C fixed at work.

dawn said...

*squeal*
spike just serenaded to me. girly, i am so glad that you made a playlist. i love it.

i so admire your writing juggling. you are one badmamajama. :)

MJFredrick said...

Fun, Elizabeth!!! Good luck in the GH! And Anne and James are together in real life?? I didn't know that! Wild.

Thanks, Colleen. The book from hell is in revisions, at least, that's the plan. I'm so tired....

LOL, Dawn, I had to put some Buffy on there, ya know!

So far, I'm not in love with any straight romance ideas that I've had....

MJFredrick said...

Meant to say, Colleen, I read the first Virgin River and can't wait to read the others! As soon as I'm done with my werewolf fix.....

Goodreads

M.J. Fredrick's books on Goodreads
Breaking DaylightBreaking Daylight
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.33)

Beneath the SurfaceBeneath the Surface
ratings: 11 (avg rating 4.00)

Hot ShotHot Shot (Samhain)
reviews: 2
ratings: 10 (avg rating 4.00)

Where There's SmokeWhere There's Smoke
ratings: 6 (avg rating 4.00)

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
Powered By Blogger

Good Reads

Widget_logo

Followers

About Me

My Photo
MJFredrick
I'm a mom, a wife, a teacher and a writer. I have five cats and a dog to keep me company. I love bookstores and libraries and Netflix - movies are my greatest weakness.
View my complete profile

Archive

Beneath the Surface

Breaking Daylight

Breaking Daylight Review

Where There's Smoke

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Where There's Smoke Review

Photobucket

Bull by the Horns

Photobucket

Hot Shot Reviews

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Hot Shot

Photobucket

Carina Press

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Join My Newsletter

    Where Visitors Live

    MJ Fredrick Fan Page's Fan Box