WAHHH!!! My Last Week of Summer Vacation!!!

Hungry Hungry LOLcats

12 pages on BD yesterday. LOTS of telling, but I know where I’m going, and that was my problem. I added more to my goal to 330 pages, because I don’t think I can finish in 14 pages, but maybe I can. My heroine is on the drug lord’s plane and I’m not sure how to get her off, and she and Alex still have all the mushy stuff to deal with after he reunites her with her son. I’m WAY over for SRS (65,000 words right now), so we’ll see what happens when I read over it. maybe I’ll have to cut my Everglades stuff ☹

Yesterday we did the school supply thing. The boy is weird – he doesn’t want a new backpack, though his is 2 years old, and he doesn’t want a new binder. He bought paper, pencils, pens and highlighters. That’s it! I found some Very Cool Neon notebook paper that I bought for my classroom – to get the kids to revise! They can only use the new paper for revisions. Think it will work? It would work for me!

My last free week – WAH! And so much to do!

1) finish BD, start revisions
2) get GH and VH ready for contests
3) SARA
4) Dinner with MIL
5) The boy to band practice, to registration at school, back to band practice and to gig – all in one day!
6) Judging for the Golden Pen
7) Driving/boy to take test for permit (unlikely – he does not study!)
8) Critique
9) Color hair/do eyebrows/nails
10) Spend time with Mom (didn’t do last week, either)
11) Lunch at Dairy Queen – never made it there all summer!
12) Keep up house

I also have my overall goals until December.

1) finish BD revisions by end of September
2) finish Spy Girl (I’m using the same story structure but am actually going to rewrite) and Ghost Hunter revisions by end of October
3) have Queen of the Night (Vampire Hunters) ready to write in Nano
4) Think about changing Surface to paranormal - have them discover something paranormal in the shipwreck

I’m thinking of taking December off. At the very least, I’ll revise that month. No new writing.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay on the 12 pages, Mary! :)

dawn said...

boothe just wanted a pack of bic pens! girls are just way funner to schoolshop with.

have a wonderful week, sweetcheeks!

dawn said...

oh, don't forget that this weekend is taxfree, starting on friday.

MJFredrick said...

Thanks, Bonnie!

Dawn, LOL on these boys! Even I was going nuts over the cute assignment planners and post it notes and folders!

Tax free weekend is a bit late this year, huh?

Toni Anderson said...

Summer's going fast!!

MJFredrick said...

:::SNIFF:::

I KNOW!! Seems like yesterday I brought all this stuff home, now I'm packing up to take it back!

Goodreads

M.J. Fredrick's books on Goodreads
Breaking DaylightBreaking Daylight
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.33)

Beneath the SurfaceBeneath the Surface
ratings: 11 (avg rating 4.00)

Hot ShotHot Shot (Samhain)
reviews: 2
ratings: 10 (avg rating 4.00)

Where There's SmokeWhere There's Smoke
ratings: 6 (avg rating 4.00)

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
Powered By Blogger

Good Reads

Widget_logo

Followers

About Me

My Photo
MJFredrick
I'm a mom, a wife, a teacher and a writer. I have five cats and a dog to keep me company. I love bookstores and libraries and Netflix - movies are my greatest weakness.
View my complete profile

Archive

Beneath the Surface

Breaking Daylight

Breaking Daylight Review

Where There's Smoke

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Where There's Smoke Review

Photobucket

Bull by the Horns

Photobucket

Hot Shot Reviews

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Hot Shot

Photobucket

Carina Press

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Join My Newsletter

    Where Visitors Live

    MJ Fredrick Fan Page's Fan Box