What's Out There

128293384075870874crouchingtiger.jpg

I watched BOUNCE this weekend, a straight romance with Gwyneth Paltrow and Ben Affleck. I loved it when I first saw it and loved it again this weekend. He’s less than heroic, true, but he falls so hard for her. And she’s just a terrific heroine. Have you seen it? Did you like it?

I’m almost caught up on my revisions on my self-imposed calendar. I told Trish I’m afraid of Spy Girl. It was such a blast to write – do I want to ruin that experience by trying to make it publishable, or do I want to leave it as a story for me?

I got my electric bill this weekend – not as bad as I thought. I was afraid it might be near $400, the AC ran so much, but it was less than $300. This month should be even less.

Here’s what I have submitted:

Queries:

Susan Litman for Don’t Look Back (2 months – have mercy, Susan!)
Jenny Rappaport for Surface
Kelly Harms for DLB - NEVER MIND, REJECTED TUESDAY WITH A LITTLE SLIP OF PAPER - OUCH

Partials:

Pamela Ahearn for Surface
Paige Wheeler for DLB
Kerry Donovan for DLB through From the Heart

Fulls:

Wild Rose Press for Where There’s Smoke
Kate Duffy with Kensington
Cori Deyoe with Surface

Outstanding contest entries:

Ghost of a Doubt – Indiana Golden Opportunity
Gateway to the Best
Contest Junkies
Hot Shot – Contest Junkies
Cleveland Rocks
Gather
Queen of the Night – Gateway to the Best

Contests I’m readying to enter:

Golden Palms – everything ST I have, I think, except Surface, since I plan to rework it, so Hot Shot, BD and DLB
The Emily – both paranormals, Hot Shot, BD
The Suzannah – no idea – may be low on cash at that point ;)
Linda Howard – BD and Hot Shot
Superromance – no idea – Hot Shot and Surface have been R’d, I want Susan to have DLB and BD – any thoughts?

Okay, off to my first day of school! Wish me luck!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

4 comments:

Trish Milburn said...

Wow, you have lots out there. Go, you!!

Good luck on your first day of school. Hope you get a fabulous class.

Kelly Boyce said...

Good luck at school! I worry about my electric bill in March when I get hit with the high heating costs for Jan/Feb. Hate the month of March!!

Marianne Arkins said...

I'm just in awe of all your goals -- awesome.

And, hope your first school day was wonderful!

MJFredrick said...

Thanks, Trish, Kelly and Marianne!

Goodreads

M.J. Fredrick's books on Goodreads
Breaking DaylightBreaking Daylight
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.33)

Beneath the SurfaceBeneath the Surface
ratings: 11 (avg rating 4.00)

Hot ShotHot Shot (Samhain)
reviews: 2
ratings: 10 (avg rating 4.00)

Where There's SmokeWhere There's Smoke
ratings: 6 (avg rating 4.00)

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
Powered By Blogger

Good Reads

Widget_logo

Followers

About Me

My Photo
MJFredrick
I'm a mom, a wife, a teacher and a writer. I have five cats and a dog to keep me company. I love bookstores and libraries and Netflix - movies are my greatest weakness.
View my complete profile

Archive

Beneath the Surface

Breaking Daylight

Breaking Daylight Review

Where There's Smoke

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Where There's Smoke Review

Photobucket

Bull by the Horns

Photobucket

Hot Shot Reviews

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Hot Shot

Photobucket

Carina Press

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Join My Newsletter

    Where Visitors Live

    MJ Fredrick Fan Page's Fan Box