Wow...I want this contract

WHO BROUGHT THIS INTO MYÂ HOUSE?

This is what Skippy’s been doing – he found 2 toy mice and he’s in heaven.

14 pages on Alex yesterday. Almost done....may write 2 different endings, see which one works.

Busy day today, running the boy around. Sigh.

I saw this on Lori Perkins’s blog, from the New York magazine.

What do you think?

“Ballantine Pays $3.75 Million for a Literary Novelist's Vampire Trilogy?


Justin Cronin, a.k.a. Jordan Ainsley
Courtesy of Random House
Last week, we hear, agent Ellen Levine at Trident Media closed a deal for a postapocalyptic vampire trilogy with editor Mark Tavani at Ballantine.

Now, if we reported on every postapocalyptic vampire trilogy out there, we'd never have time to write anything else. But this postapocalyptic vampire trilogy sold, we hear, for a whopping $3.75 million for North American rights. Impressively, the deal was made off a 400-page partial manuscript.”

This should be it for Alex….I’m on the last scene. At least….till revisions ;)



And what in blue blazes is this???

5 comments:

Jennifer Shirk said...

LOL! Yeah, that WAS a pretty nice contract to get.

And what WAS that Kablouey thing? Is that a movie coming out? I'd laugh if I wasn't so confused by it. LOL!

Kelly Boyce said...

Wow...now there's a good agent! Wouldn't I love even a fraction of that.

Trish Milburn said...

Dayam! What is it with the ginormous contracts for lit fic? That's fantastic money, but now there's the pressure of making it all worth it -- for the publisher and the author (who, I would imagine, would be very stressed in addition to elated).

Kablouey -- weird.

Anonymous said...

I'd heard about the contract. It'll be interesting to see how the book does.
How cool to see Terri Garr again. I saw her on a show talking about why she left Hollywood. I guess she's back.

MJFredrick said...

Jennifer, it's a movie, with JDM, filmed in Austin a couple of years ago. Just no idea what the blue thing is supposed to be!

No kidding, Kelly!

Trish, true about the expectations!

Mary Beth, I remember The Historian got similar $$. I have it on my iPod but haven't listened yet. Have you read it? Did it live up to the hype?

Goodreads

M.J. Fredrick's books on Goodreads
Breaking DaylightBreaking Daylight
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.33)

Beneath the SurfaceBeneath the Surface
ratings: 11 (avg rating 4.00)

Hot ShotHot Shot (Samhain)
reviews: 2
ratings: 10 (avg rating 4.00)

Where There's SmokeWhere There's Smoke
ratings: 6 (avg rating 4.00)

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
Powered By Blogger

Good Reads

Widget_logo

Followers

About Me

My Photo
MJFredrick
I'm a mom, a wife, a teacher and a writer. I have five cats and a dog to keep me company. I love bookstores and libraries and Netflix - movies are my greatest weakness.
View my complete profile

Archive

Beneath the Surface

Breaking Daylight

Breaking Daylight Review

Where There's Smoke

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Where There's Smoke Review

Photobucket

Bull by the Horns

Photobucket

Hot Shot Reviews

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Hot Shot

Photobucket

Carina Press

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Join My Newsletter

    Where Visitors Live

    MJ Fredrick Fan Page's Fan Box