Paranormal Romance

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I finished Ghost Hunters with a nice, solid ending yesterday. I had really been sketchy the first round, a 2 pages climax. Now I have people hanging on rails, over the edge of the lighthouse, holy water not working.....much excitement. AND emotion. It needs revisions, but I'm happy with it. Still, setting it aside for Alex.

I watched Pathfinder last night, the Karl Urban Viking movie. OMG - it was awful. AWFUL. I have seen awful and this was it. Yeesh.

Lori Handeland is the devil. She SUCKS you in with free books at National, makes you keep reading with those damned chapter ending hooks, taunts you with short chapters. (I'll just read ONE more chapter....and the next thing you know, it's 3 AM, you're finished with the book, and the next one isn't here yet, and EVEN THOUGH you have 200 books in your TBR....)

Speaking of paranormal.....Ghost Hunters is a light paranormal, I guess. No brooding heroes that are really vampires or werewolves or such. My friend Trish J is also writing a light paranormal about angels. I know Michelle Rowen's are funny, though she does have the brooding vampire. Who else writes light paranormals? Who BUYS them?

Don't forget, if you're in the area, SARA will be AWESOME next week with a SEAL and a CIA agent husband and wife!! If you're NOT in the area and you have questions, send them on!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

7 comments:

Trish Milburn said...

Stephanie Rowe does lighter, fun paranormals.

The SARA meeting sounds awesome!

MJFredrick said...

Oh, duh, Mary!!! I even have those.....interesting she and Michelle both write for GCP, huh?

Kelly Boyce said...

Congrats on the ending! Sounds like a lot of fun. And speaking of fun, wish I was in the area to pop into that SARA meeting! Bet it'll be awesome!

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo Mary!

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

I was gonna say "I kinda do light paranormals" but then realized you probably meant people you can read NOW. :)

My paranormals are light in that they also do not have brooders, sinisterization, vamps and weres with angst, etc.

Anyway. Katie McAllister, Deidre Knight (futuristic TT), um...geez, I know there are a lot more, can't think of them. Too tired, I guess.

MJFredrick said...

I thought of a couple more - Minda Webber and Erin McCarthy. Minda writes for Dorchester and Erin writes for Brava.

Who do Katie and Deirdre write for?

Thanks for the congratulations - when I finish BD, we're gonna PARTY. I only wrote a bit last night, but I have to cut it, an figure out how to separate my h/h from the bigger investigation so they can be proactive.

Anonymous said...

Mary, I recently read Michelle Rowen's Angel w/Attitude and it cracked me up. This spring, Chris Keeslar at Dorchester bought a light paranormal from a very funny friend of mine, Natale Stenzel--should be out in early 08. A woman in my chapter writes lighter, non-vampire paranormals for NAL. Cindy Miles. Her first ghost story (Spirited Away) was sweet, but oh, feel the sexual tension (as they couldn't actually touch)! Her second one, Into Thin Air, will be out in Nov. Pretty sure Laura Cifelli is the editor. I like some dark paranormals, but it's a relief to finally be able to find some that make me laugh and aren't all apocolypse all the time! (Oh, and have you read the recent collaboration from St. Martins, The Unfotunate Miss Fortues?)

BTW, love the visuals on your blog *g* And I don't mean the kitty cats...

Goodreads

M.J. Fredrick's books on Goodreads
Breaking DaylightBreaking Daylight
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.33)

Beneath the SurfaceBeneath the Surface
ratings: 11 (avg rating 4.00)

Hot ShotHot Shot (Samhain)
reviews: 2
ratings: 10 (avg rating 4.00)

Where There's SmokeWhere There's Smoke
ratings: 6 (avg rating 4.00)

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
Powered By Blogger

Good Reads

Widget_logo

Followers

About Me

My Photo
MJFredrick
I'm a mom, a wife, a teacher and a writer. I have five cats and a dog to keep me company. I love bookstores and libraries and Netflix - movies are my greatest weakness.
View my complete profile

Archive

Beneath the Surface

Breaking Daylight

Breaking Daylight Review

Where There's Smoke

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Where There's Smoke Review

Photobucket

Bull by the Horns

Photobucket

Hot Shot Reviews

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Hot Shot

Photobucket

Carina Press

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Join My Newsletter

    Where Visitors Live

    MJ Fredrick Fan Page's Fan Box