Dreams

Real ones, today. The ones you have when you're asleep.

Last night I dreamed about my grandmother, the one who died last summer. I dreamed that she was in the car with me, we were going out to eat, I was so happy. I kept thinking I needed to go visit her more often, so apparently in my dream, she was alive and staying somewhere and I'd just found out. I used to have the same dream about my grandfather, I'd dream that we'd go to my grandparents' house, and there he'd be, but he hadn't been there. It wasn't that I was dreaming I was too busy to go see them, it was that they'd been somewhere else, and then they were back.

I haven't gone to the cemetery since Gigi died. Could that be the reason behind the dream? I just can't see that I'd be happy going there, ya know?

Another recurring dream I have is that there's a room in my house that I didn't know was there. In my dream, it's always a dining room, with this really heavy Spanish furniture, old fashioned, dusty - not mine. All around the room are bookshelves, low ones, filled with books, but old, ratty hardcovers, not books that would interest me. It's just so weird to find another room in my house.

Anyone know what these dreams mean?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

4 comments:

MicheleKS said...

I dream about my family members who've passed on all the time. To me it's like getting a glimpse of our brains sorting things out because sometimes I'll have memories mixed in with the dreams.

The extra room... maybe adding more room to your mind, in different ways?

And yes, that picture of Gerry is wonderul.

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

You'll probably think I'm weird, but if you wonder about your grandmother a lot, she's telling you she's found her way home to heaven.

Same thing happened with my father when he passed. I dreamt he was taking a trip. He was also with his brother and they were loading up a pick up and going home together. It means they are okay, and you can stop worrying. =)

As for the old room, I have another weird take on that one too! LOL! ;D

Amie Stuart said...

I rarely remember my dreams....but I have one about being shot from YEARS ago that I still remember. Anyway this is what the dream dictionary said: To dream that you find or discover new rooms, suggests that you are developing new strengths and taking on new roles. You may be growing emotionally.
To see a dark, eerie or confining room, denotes that that you feel trapped or repressed in a situation.
I guess it could go two ways. Maybe old writing roles are confining and you're working up to new ones?

Anonymous said...

Isn't that funny that we both blogged about dreams on the same day! I just saw yours today. I sometimes have that dream about discovering a new room in the house (I dreamed it a LOT when we moved from our previous tiny home to our current, more normal-sized one). But it's either an empty room or it has my stuff in it. The heavy Spanish furniture is an interesting twist. Perhaps you're hoping to find Antonio Banderas in it.

Goodreads

M.J. Fredrick's books on Goodreads
Breaking DaylightBreaking Daylight
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.33)

Beneath the SurfaceBeneath the Surface
ratings: 11 (avg rating 4.00)

Hot ShotHot Shot (Samhain)
reviews: 2
ratings: 10 (avg rating 4.00)

Where There's SmokeWhere There's Smoke
ratings: 6 (avg rating 4.00)

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
Powered By Blogger

Good Reads

Widget_logo

Followers

About Me

My Photo
MJFredrick
I'm a mom, a wife, a teacher and a writer. I have five cats and a dog to keep me company. I love bookstores and libraries and Netflix - movies are my greatest weakness.
View my complete profile

Archive

Beneath the Surface

Breaking Daylight

Breaking Daylight Review

Where There's Smoke

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Where There's Smoke Review

Photobucket

Bull by the Horns

Photobucket

Hot Shot Reviews

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Hot Shot

Photobucket

Carina Press

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Join My Newsletter

    Where Visitors Live

    MJ Fredrick Fan Page's Fan Box