Anniversary

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Today is the anniversary of the day my grandmother died. Not a day goes by when I don't think about her, wish for her, want to share something with her.

We were both great readers, she would even read my stuff. She loved Nora, Mary Higgins Clark and Lillian Jackson Braun. I wish I could talk to her about Black Rose. I'm sorry to say I don't read MHC and LJB anymore since Gigi's gone.

She was a teacher, and I use her stapler even now. She would be so glad to know I'm happy in my job now.

She would be stunned to learn Marlena was pregnant on Days of our Lives. She would be tickled that the old Roman was coming back.

She loved to go out to eat, especially breakfast during our vacations. (Now look at her picture. She barely weighed 90 pounds, but she loved food.) She would loooove the new restaurant we discovered this summer.

She loved music. The other night I saw an Irish tenor on PBS and reached for the phone to tell her - she loved the Irish tenors. We actually got to go see one of her favorites a few years back. She loved it.

She loved to try new things, new products on the market, would even go store to store to find a new kind of ice cream. I try and keep up that tradition. (I DON'T weigh 90 pounds, BTW.)

There are so many ways she touched my life. She would be pleased to know so many everyday things remind me of her.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

7 comments:

MJFredrick said...

Peggy, LOL about your grandmother's excitement!

Yes, my gma and I were VERY close. I was the oldest grandchild, and when she broke her hip in the 80s, she and I exchanged a lot of letters. Plus we spent large amounts of our summers and most weekends with her. In her last years, she lived within ten minutes of us, and she took care of my son when he was a baby. I was very very fortunate to have her as long as I did.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful post. It sounds like she taught some wonderful life lessons.

Anonymous said...

(((Mar)) I loved this post, Mar. I miss both my grandmothers, very much. You really do look like your gma when she was young...very much so. Blessed be.

JoAnn

Dixie Belle said...

What a lovely story. You are so lucky to have known her and had so much in common with her. I never knew either of my grandmothers, both died young. I vaguely recall one of my grandfathers. However, it seems I'm always putting grandparents in my stories as secondary characters!

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

{{hugs}} Mary, your grandmother sounds like she was wonderful. I'm so glad you have beautiful memories of her. =D - Kel

MJFredrick said...

Gosh, you know, I never knew how lucky I was to know her and be so close to her. My dh doesn't have his grandparents, my best friend is in no way close to her grandmother. I thought THEY were the exception.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing those lovely memories.

Goodreads

M.J. Fredrick's books on Goodreads
Breaking DaylightBreaking Daylight
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.33)

Beneath the SurfaceBeneath the Surface
ratings: 11 (avg rating 4.00)

Hot ShotHot Shot (Samhain)
reviews: 2
ratings: 10 (avg rating 4.00)

Where There's SmokeWhere There's Smoke
ratings: 6 (avg rating 4.00)

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
Powered By Blogger

Good Reads

Widget_logo

Followers

About Me

My Photo
MJFredrick
I'm a mom, a wife, a teacher and a writer. I have five cats and a dog to keep me company. I love bookstores and libraries and Netflix - movies are my greatest weakness.
View my complete profile

Archive

Beneath the Surface

Breaking Daylight

Breaking Daylight Review

Where There's Smoke

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Where There's Smoke Review

Photobucket

Bull by the Horns

Photobucket

Hot Shot Reviews

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Hot Shot

Photobucket

Carina Press

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Join My Newsletter

    Where Visitors Live

    MJ Fredrick Fan Page's Fan Box