Pah

Yesterday my son got his braces off. Hurray! He had an 11:15 appt and I had a 1:00 conference across town. So I was anxious. Then I was out of laundry detergent, so after I dropped him off at his appt, I ran to WalMart (I needed envelopes too, for the flurry of queries I'm sending out.) I stopped at Payless first, in the same shopping center. Found nothing, but when I got back into the car, it would't go into reverse.

Now, she's old, my Land Cruiser. (Seen here in a reasonable facsimile)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

She's almost 19. She's standard, but she just had her transmission rebuilt (uh, 5 or 6 years ago, when we bought her.) But she's never refused to do anything I asked of her. So I'm freaking out, because my son is at the ortho, I have 2 parent conferences across town, and I'm stuck in front of Payless. One panicked call to the dh and I put her in neutral, eased her back, and put her in gear. The rest of the day I had to park so I could drive forward, no more backing.

I got my conferences done in record time. We should have failed the one boy, but he'd already been failed once, and no one wants a 12 year old in 5th grade (he'd be 13 in May.) Visited with a couple of friends who were working in their rooms and still got home around 2. Got my flurry of queries ready (I'm cringing at what this will cost - upwards of $30, I believe) while my son's band practiced in the garage. Waited for the dh to get home to look at the LC, but he didn't want to do it before dinner. We went to Chili's, where we never go because the dh used to work there. Ordered an awesome blossom which never came. Ordered a Diet Coke which never came. Sigh.

Came home to watch Las Vegas, and there was a teen beauty pageant on. Yep, a Monday.

Soooo, we may need to get a new transmission. Pah.

I need something to cheer me up.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

(((Mary))) on the car woes.

Trish Milburn said...

Bummer on the car. I keep hoping my little Nissan will keep on going. She's got nearly 220,000 miles on her.

And if you need cheering up, that picture of Gerry should do it. :)

Anonymous said...

Gads, Mar, "pah" is right! What a bummer day. It's GOTTA get better today. BTW, think of that $30 as investing in yourself and your future. 'Cause it is. You are worth it, cherie.

Trish is right...my prescription is to take three Gerrys and call me in the morning. LOL I love you, Mar!

JoAnn

Toni Anderson said...

Mary-I HATE car trouble!!!
Hope yours is fixed soon!!

Love your movie list BTW. Pretty Woman always gets me. She's a prostitute! OK--I understand life can be hard, but to turn her into the love heroine? It didn't do it for me, though I love RG, JR and the soundtrack LOL.

Anonymous said...

Yikes the car woes. Hope it's not too expensive of a fix. Glad your son got his braces off! Is he smiling constantly now?

MJFredrick said...

Okay, it ended up being $35 on the submissions. I think there were 8. It was cheaper to mail to Canada than to NY - what's up with that?

No word yet on my baby's prognosis. She has 123,800 miles. And of course she broke on a full tank of gas. Isn't that always the way? Car trouble is very vexing.

Peggy, LOL about cars being more expensive than kids! Of course, I have a 14 year old boy, so they're running neck and neck. Oddly, he's not smiling with the braces off. I think he got in the habit of hiding his teeth when he was younger, and that's going to be hard to break.

Anonymous said...

{{{Mary}}} Monday's stink!

MJFredrick said...

Thanks, Mary Beth. How's school?

Shesawriter said...

DH flipped by the teen beauty pageant too. Boring. Nothing was on so I opened up a book. I'm hoping there will be something more to watch in the fall than these stupid reality shows. I'm sick of them. I mean, how much more can you milk from the untalented masses? Bring back real actors. Bring back real TV dramas. Not this insipid cow manure they've been shoving down our throats for the past five years.

ooops. Sorry. I'm babbling, aren't I? LOL!

Tanya

MJFredrick said...

Tanya, apparently the fall shows will all be about aliens, though I am looking forward to that E-Ring show. Of course, it's opposite Lost or Invasion.

Jill Monroe said...

My Mary - so, so sorry about your woes!

MJFredrick said...

Thanks, Jill. I can only hope everything will work itself out. I just want my car fixed this week.

Goodreads

M.J. Fredrick's books on Goodreads
Breaking DaylightBreaking Daylight
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.33)

Beneath the SurfaceBeneath the Surface
ratings: 11 (avg rating 4.00)

Hot ShotHot Shot (Samhain)
reviews: 2
ratings: 10 (avg rating 4.00)

Where There's SmokeWhere There's Smoke
ratings: 6 (avg rating 4.00)

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
Powered By Blogger

Good Reads

Widget_logo

Followers

About Me

My Photo
MJFredrick
I'm a mom, a wife, a teacher and a writer. I have five cats and a dog to keep me company. I love bookstores and libraries and Netflix - movies are my greatest weakness.
View my complete profile

Archive

Beneath the Surface

Breaking Daylight

Breaking Daylight Review

Where There's Smoke

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Where There's Smoke Review

Photobucket

Bull by the Horns

Photobucket

Hot Shot Reviews

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Hot Shot

Photobucket

Carina Press

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Join My Newsletter

    Where Visitors Live

    MJ Fredrick Fan Page's Fan Box